Administers radiation therapy per protocol as prescribed by a physician; performs simulations; schedules patient treatment; conducts student training. Utilizes various imaging modalities for anatomical localization.
· Certificate of completion of radiation therapy training from an accredited institution required.
· Minimum one to two years radiation therapist experience preferred.
**LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS**
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologists – ARRT required.
· State of California Certified Radiologic Technologist – CRT required.
· Basic Life Support Certification – BLS required.
**SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE**
· Working knowledge of radiation therapy simulation/treatment techniques, radiation safety techniques and medical terminology.
· Adheres to the codes of conduct and ethics as outlined by the ASRT/ARRT
· General knowledge of first aid techniques.
· Compliant to all HIPPA and PHI requirements
· The ability to adhere to ROC’s standard of practice and Sutter's personnel policies and practices including the attendance and punctuality requirements.
· Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
· Ability to safety operate machinery.
· Ability to provide detailed documentation as required
· Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs.
· Requires a high degree of fine motor skills, eye-hand coordination, and ability to grasp and handle objects.
· Able to assist patients in ambulating, transferring in and out of bed, chair or wheelchair with the use of proper body mechanics
· Required to lift/adjust patients and equipment to align for treatment
· Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
· Requires general knowledge of computers and computerized operating systems
**Organization:** Sutter Medical Foundation - Central
**Position Status:** Non-Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Varied Days
**Weekend Requirements:** Other
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** On-Call
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.