Responsible for identifying and nurturing relationships with key partners in order to maximize a sustainable, lean, and profitable supply chain. Leverage relationships with key suppliers, manufacturers and third-party relationships in order to deliver a competitive advantage that aligns with company goals and initiatives. Advises and supports team of analysts and category owners on duties in accordance with strategic initiatives set forth by leadership. Provide clear communication to SBM leadership on established Key Performance Indicators and metrics related to the supply chain such as cost of distribution, and fulfillment rates.
- Develop buying and performance strategies to ensure delivery of costs competitive with market and competition while maintaining sufficient creative flexibility to meet business requirements.
- Provides timely reports to Vice President of Sales & Operations regarding team KPIs, successes, issues, and other relevant information that will ultimately measure team success.
- Ensures that SBM always has qualified distributors that can meet or exceed our internal and external customer requirements at preferred pricing levels.
- Negotiate all third-party contracts for identified distribution categories, including evaluating current market conditions, trends, and their effect on timing and costs for purchasing.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for purchasing to obtain cost efficiencies, minimize risk to the corporation, and ensure proper lead times for effective delivery. Provide concise reports for senior and executive management.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Develop and maintain proper business discipline, relationships, and formal/informal performance feedback mechanisms, ensuring price does not sacrifice quality and service.
- Manage the qualification, compliance & maintenance of records related to third-party relationships.
- Maintain pricing and manage financial record keeping in accordance with the requirements of system architecture to properly populate E-commerce website
- Support technical team in the enhancement of digital relationships between SBM and the distributor network to strengthen speed of purchase order transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires travel 25-50% of the time
- Education and/ or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Supply Chain, Finance, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: May be required to have a valid driver’s license and meet SBM driver approval requirements. Certification in the Procurement field and/or contract management is a plus.