The purpose of this role is to plan, organize, and manage total construction efforts within Teichert Energy & Utilities Group, Inc. resulting in successful completion of field work, job schedules, and customer satisfaction in accordance with design, specifications, budget, and schedule. This role has responsibility for establishing administrative and technical direction, and providing oversight management of assigned field projects. This role works to develop and maintain positive customer relationships in an effort to develop new business opportunities, and for maintaining safe and profitable construction projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively supports the achievement of division goals and objectives by participating in the strategic planning process, staying abreast of evolving industry trends and best practices, including new techniques and equipment. Ensures team stays focused on long - range priorities and uses customer feedback to make improvements to day-to-day processes and procedures .
- Collaborates across specialties and area offices and builds consistency in construction and safety practices and procedures on all project efforts. Ensures policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to as well as protect the company’s interests.
- Prepares the workforce for changing business needs. Maximizes performance and motivation of workforce through modeling innovative and effective management techniques.
- Promotes and protects Teichert’s values including diversity, teamwork, fair work environment, and respect of others. Maintains a “team” spirit within the business unit. Works and cooperates with other disciplines (across company lines) to ensure maximum and best use of resources.
- Promotes and protects the community perception of Teichert.
- Aspires to achieve a zero injury culture through visible support of Teichert’s Injury Prevention and Safety program, the implementation/interpretation of safety programs, active participation in safety meetings and training sessions. Proactively identifies, and communicates, safety improvements and hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions to maintain a safe, healthy work environment and meet corporate safety standards.
- Ensures projects are completed on time, within budget, adhere to commitments made to customers, and meet quality and customer expectations. Acts as lead liaison to initiate and maintain contact between clients, estimators, on-site superintendents, or others to facilitate construction activities and maintain a high degree of customer service. Prepares documentation and correspondence to clients pertaining to contracts, project issues, status, or other. Represents the company in project meetings and may attend pre-job meetings with prospective new clients.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, and/or oversees construction projects through Superintendents, Foremen, and Project Engineers. Ensures projects are built on schedule and within budget. Establishes project objectives, policies, and procedures within contract guidelines. Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures. May authorize project personnel transactions (i.e. hiring, transfers, wages).
- Manages financial aspects of contracts/subcontracts (i.e. fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with customers. This includes reviewing invoices, CCA’s, extra work billings, and resolving other cost related issues.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with customers, A/E representatives, union officials, public agencies, contractors, and other business units. Facilitates communication of company and project policies, procedures, and standards. May work with Industrial Relations department to proactively resolve jurisdictional disputes.
- Maximizes employee performance and professional growth. Specifically, provides management direction to Assistant Project Managers and Project Engineers; motivates employees to function as a cohesive unit, oversees regularly planned meetings; develops employees by evaluating performanc e, providing coaching, training, and mentoring opportunities. Plays a role in recruiting.
- Completes internal administrative organization responsibilities and documentation, including project logs, files, records and reports. May include safety, training, personnel and equipment resources, state and federal regulations, and foremen’s diaries. Assists in developing and maintaining written Construction Program guidelines.
Position Description Cont.
Role Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, (or related field) or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience
Experience & Industry Expertise:
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in the construction or engineering industry or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience in pipeline construction
- Minimum three to five years of experience supervising others
- Must have strong experience in building Pipeline projects or Heavy Civil Underground/Utility projects
Specific Job Requirements:
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug, alcohol, and background investigation
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current on all company required safety training
- Ability to preserve confidential and proprietary information and successfully avoid conflicts-of-interest
- Strong knowledge of collective bargaining agreements, personnel issues and EEO
- Thorough knowledge of construction contracts/law
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, technology, equipment methods, cost control, schedules, etc. and their impact on project activities
- Thorough knowledge of company’s Standard Operating Policies and Procedures
- Travel is required
- Relationship Management
- Business Acumen
- Organization and Management
- People Management
- People Development
- Technology: Microsoft Office, P6 project management, and/or estimating software
- Technical competence in construction
8811 Kiefer Boulevard