Working in shop environment repairing and performing preventative maintenance on Refuse and Recycling Trucks.
General InformationLocation 3000 POWER INN ROAD
Sacramento, CA 95826
United StatesEmployee Type FT Non-ExemptDescription
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Lead Mechanic in the review of the pre and post trip inspection sheets and perform necessary repairs to trucks and equipment.
- Complete scheduled preventive maintenance service on all equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctions & repairs, rebuilds, adjusts heavy duty diesel powered equipment.
- Dismantles, rebuilds, replaces, and adjusts engines, brakes, transmission drivelines, electrical, fuel, exhaust, cooling, suspension & hydraulics in heavy duty diesel trucks.
- Repairs equipment using welding tools and equipment.
- Writes up brief descriptions of repair work performed & parts used.
- Operates heavy equipment to insure proper working order.
- Mechanics are responsible for the clean up of shop area to assure a clean safe work area.
- Mechanics will be required to obtain a Forklift operators certificate at the companies expense.
- Mechanics will follow company safety procedures and attend shop safety meetings.
Summary of other job duties:
- On rare occasions a Mechanic may be asked to respond to an off-site location to assist in some sort of clean up.
- On occasion Mechanics may be asked to respond to a repair issue off of company property regarding one of our fleet vehicles.
- Any and all maintenance duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Dependable Team Player with a positive attitude.
- Minimum tool requirements for job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of operation & principles of diesel engines: methods, material, tools & equipment used in the repair of diesel powered vehicles & related parts, hydraulic & air brake systems, electrical & cooling systems, automatic & standard transmissions, hydraulic pumps, motors & control valves.
- Ability to recognize & diagnose heavy duty diesel equipment mechanical problems, properly repair & adjust diesel equipment & component parts, read & understand repair manuals & schematics, improvise repair of equipment, follow oral & written directions, acetylene & wire feed welding, work safely in & around equipment, safely operate refuse trucks, safely & properly operate tools & equipment in repairing & rebuilding diesel powered equipment.
- Mechanics will possess their own tools and the knowledge to use them safely.
- Ability to understand instructions written and verbal in English.
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently or as a team.
- Four years of full-time experience diagnosing malfunctions & repairing, rebuilding & adjusting diesel powered heavy duty equipment.
- A valid California Driver’s License, Class C or higher
- Experience with CNG engines is highly desired
- Possess the mobility to maneuver throughout the building.
- Possess the mobility to us ladders, creepers and forklift equipment.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to repair equipment located in cramped areas; ability to work in awkward positions; ability to trace electrical wiring by color code & touch; ability to recognize mechanical problems by sight & sound.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, sick time and a 401K, after completion of probationary period. Compensation is commensurate with experience; range of $21 - $30 per hour.
Atlas Disposal reserves the right to add, delete or adjust items as necessa