Roll Off Driver
Roll-Off Drivers safely and efficiently operates heavy-duty trucks and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top, roll top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, lots and may operate in tight environments, including overhead, while on route. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
General InformationLocation 3000 POWER INN ROAD
Sacramento, CA 95826
United StatesEmployee Type FT Non-ExemptMinimum Experience 1 YearDescription
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Atlas Disposal Industries safety rules and operating procedures, OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Operates computerized mobile tablet to track progress on route, start and complete stops, enters notes and landfill information.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Supervisor or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required or directed by Supervisor.
- Works closely with Dispatch & Supervisor to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Immediately notifies Dispatch or Supervisor of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed customers, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Supervisor.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Ensures the size and number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Climb on top of container to prepare load for transporting.
- Loads container on truck by use of cable and hydraulics and transports to appropriate facility for dumping.
- Ensures containers are completely emptied before returning to customer.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures doors are properly located, and container does not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Maintains radio contact with Dispatch and Supervisor to communicate.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Supervisor or Dispatch and assists other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
Experience: 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving.
- MUST hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an air-brake endorsement.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Clean driving record required
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check and motor vehicle record review.
Below are key points regarding the physical requirements and work environment of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers, and legs dexterity.
- Required to climb on top of containers to prepare loads for transport.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 100 pounds and occasionally pushing or pulling up to 1,000 pounds on wheels throughout the work shift.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a heavy duty vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, trash, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.