The Member Solutions Manager will oversee inbound calls, outbound calls and online based productions teams who are responsible for providing our members with products and services as a solution to their financial needs. As the leader of multiple production teams, who interact with members across all market areas, an effective Member Solutions Manager will assure the clarity and strength of the Golden 1 brand by maintaining a thorough understanding of its various markets, demographics, socio-economic climates, as well as the evolving products and services Golden 1 is able to provide.
An effective Member Solutions Manager has the ability to motivate production teams, develop supervisors, and create meaningful production strategies. This role is responsible for implementing tactics that drives and increases Golden 1 self-service products and services, while providing valuable feedback of the users experience to the appropriate business partners for ongoing enhancements to stay relevant and competitive in the financial services sector.
This position will assist with planning, organizing, directing, and controlling all aspects of the Member Solutions team. The development of leadership and guidance of the supervisors who report up to this role are necessary to ensure success with achieving production and service goals and creating an engaged working environment.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
- Assesses performance of all directs reports; rewards and recognizes strong performers and develops action plans to address performance issues. Tracks and monitors trends and challenges, identifying root causes and taking proactive steps to ensure success.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of employee's roles and responsibilities in order to serve as an effective leader, role model and coach.
- Assists team member in uncovering new review streams and opportunities for the Credit Union. Creates department level efficiencies and encourages team members to develop innovative production processes.
- Collaborates and fosters relationships with key business partners within the Credit Union to assist in the positive flow of production.
- Execute the Credit Union's overall strategy at a corporate level regarding brand awareness, market share growth and a consistent member experience.
- Effectively lead multiple productions teams to ensure a relationship building (member advocacy) approach paired with financial expertise is used to create value-added financial solutions to meet the needs of our members.
- Partner with Consumer/Mortgage Lending and Financial Services to ensure we are cross-serving our members to help them achieve their financial goals.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Develop and implement strategic production action plans that capitalize on opportunities, competitor's weakness, and support overall credit union member services, promotions and member satisfaction goals and expectations.
- Lead and coordinate service promotion activities, which include outbound calls, special service days, and outside marketing efforts, as needed and directed.
- Manage relationships between the Member Service Contact Center, Branches, and Mortgage Lending, Consumer Lending, Online Banking, and Financial Services partners to ensure cross-sells to meet shared company goals.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Golden 1 policies and procedures and current trends in the ecommerce environment.
- Serve as escalation point for challenges that affect the ecommerce teams.
- Provide back-up to Vice President as determined necessary.
- Ensure compliance with established security, internal audit, governmental regulations and policies and procedures for all ecommerce teams.
- Identify, analyze, develop, and recommend policy and procedure changes for implementation and for improved efficiencies.
- Support expense management and overall achievement of company goals.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to discuss Golden 1 products and services with members and potential members, resolve member concerns and conflicts, and provide management reporting.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels of management and staff.
- EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, peers in financial institutions, community associations and credit unions.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible contact center sales and production management experience in a service, new member acquisition and ecommerce environment.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Leadership skills, strong presentation skills, knowledge of operational procedures, electronic banking equipment, personal computer, oral and written communication skills, knowledge and understanding of ecommerce delivery systems, and sound knowledge of instructional methods and practices as well as a strong knowledge of the credit union data processing system.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. as may be required.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Required to be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in order to ensure timely and appropriate resolution of any issue that may arise regarding resources under scope of responsibility
- Required to carry a company-supplied mobile device for trouble and emergency notification purposes