Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively supports Operations goals and objectives through completing technical/ administrative projects accurately and on time, providing ongoing support as required, and proactively resolving challenges and issues as they pertain to Project Specific Labor Compliance.
- Collaborates across departments and supports consistent technical practices and administrative procedures.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards that protect the company’s interests.
- Establishes, promotes, and protects Teichert Construction values including diversity, teamwork, fair work environment, and respect of others. Maintains a “team” spirit within the business unit. Works and cooperates with other disciplines (across company lines) to ensure maximum and best use of resources.
- Promotes and protects the community perception of Teichert.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers. Facilitates communication of company, project, and reporting policies. Maintains a favorable impression of the company with external customers through professional and courteous interactions.
- Gathers feedback and continuously makes improvements to work processes and practices.
- Assists in achieving a zero injury culture through supporting safety programs and actively participating in appropriate safety meetings and training sessions to maintain a safe, healthy work environment and to meet corporate safety standards.
Contributes to the smooth operation of office services by providing clerical support to the business unit which may include some or all of the following:
- Ensure accurate processing, recording, and reporting of Certified Payroll Records (CPR)
- Attend pre-job meetings
- Liaison between project Labor Compliance Officer and Project Management team
- Review the CPR’s of each subcontractor performing work
- Monitor and ensure timely weekly reporting of all subcontractors
- Statements of Non Performance
- Fringe Benefit Statements
- Monitor and resolve any labor compliance violations
- Ensure targeted hiring requirements are met
- Maintaining compliance spreadsheet, scanning and filing
- Point of contact for Labor Compliance communications
- Maintains office records and files through accurate and timely processing of documents, setting up and maintaining department files, etc.
- Accounts Payable: Reviewing AP invoices for compliance related items. Processing timely and accurately
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
Experience & Industry Expertise:
- On-the-job training
- Two years prior experience in office/clerical role
- Experience in payroll or certified payroll processes preferred
Specific Job Requirements:
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug, alcohol, and background investigation
- Current on all company required safety training
- Ability to preserve confidential and proprietary information and successfully avoid conflicts-of-interest
- Basic typing skills (50 wpm)
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of multiple-line phone system, business machines
- Ability to use personal computer using word and spreadsheet applications
- Knowledge of standard operating policies and procedures
- Must be punctual, arrive at work on time, and consistently work full time
- Ability to work authorized overtime as required