Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes, promotes, and protects Teichert values including diversity, teamwork, fair work environment, and respect of others. Maintains a “team” spirit within the Company. Works and cooperates with other disciplines (across company lines) to ensure maximum and best use of resources.
- Promotes and protects the community perception of Teichert.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with internal and external customers. Facilitates communication of company, project, and reporting policies. Maintains a favorable impression of the company with external customers through professional and courteous interactions.
- Gathers feedback and continuously makes improvements to work processes and practices.
- Assists in achieving a zero injury culture through supporting safety programs and actively participating in appropriate safety meetings and training sessions to maintain a safe, healthy work environment and to meet corporate safety standards.
- Provides support and assistance to 2-3 executives that ensures effective use of time and productive interactions with stakeholders.
Contributes to the smooth operation of office services by providing executive support to the executive and senior management team which may include some or all of the following:
- Handles a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks involving administrative support, research, and project management tasks.
- Responsible for schedule management, communication liaison, information preparation, company records management, data analysis, and representing the executive team to others. This includes handling confidential information and communications.
- Creates work products using MS Office tools (spreadsheets, reports, PowerPoint presentations, mail merges, memos) that reflect the needs and intentions of the executives.
- Maintains office records and files through accurate and timely processing of documents, setting up and maintaining files, etc.
- Compiling information and preparing general correspondence for internal and external use and distribution.
- Preparing and editing graphic presentations, social media, website, and marketing materials.
- Maintains and manages meeting and travel schedules.
- Scheduling and coordinating calendars and meetings.
- Plans and coordinates customer or staff events as needed.
- Administering mail service for executives including sorting, opening, date stamping and distributing interoffice/interproject mail and faxes, receiving packages, letters, etc. as required and signing for parcels when necessary. May run miscellaneous errands, pick up deliveries as necessary.
- Answering incoming calls and routing to appropriate person or taking legible and accurate messages when necessary. May answer routine questions or follow-through on routine requests. Updates phone listing and ensures accuracy of information and timely distribution.
- Accounts Payable: Processes expense reports and vendor invoices for payment.
- Maintains and orders sufficient stock of office supplies and other materials required for the business unit’s activities.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience combination of relevant experience and education.
Experience & Industry Expertise:
- 4 to 7 years’ executive assistant experience.
- Knowledge of the construction industry preferred.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug, alcohol, and background investigation.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Notary Public or willingness to earn credential.
- Current on all company required safety and regulatory training.
- Ability to preserve confidential and proprietary information and successfully avoid conflicts-of-interest.
- Proactively and independently resolves problems with the goal of creating time in the executives’ schedules.
- Master of Microsoft Office Suite and other graphic/creative software.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Outlook.
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to plan and manage projects and prioritize for successful outcomes.
- Possess excellent judgment, decision-making, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, graphic, facilitation, listening.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to take ownership of processes and prioritize tasks.
- Adaptable, confident and responsive.
- General business acumen
- Focused and able to manage distractions
- Steadfast when appropriate
- Straight forward and composed
- Written and verbal communication methods
- Organization and Management
- Technical competence
- Teamwork / Relationship Management
- Foster Learning Environment
- Personal Growth / Development