POSITION PURPOSE: This intermediate-level position isresponsible for environmental auditing, training, and reporting to ensureon-going compliance of environmental rules and regulations with all levels ofgovernment including local, state and federal agencies. This position reports to the Environmental Managerand does not supervise any employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES: 1) Possess a fundamental working understanding of relevantenvironmental rules and regulations so as to conduct professional environmentaloversight and management of Teichert’s facilities.
2) Obtain and/or ensures compliance with all environmentalpermits necessary for the operation of sand and gravel mining and processing sites,asphalt plants and other related operations including collection of necessarysurface and groundwater sampling, where required.
3) Obtain new permits as needed through the properagencies.
4) Perform environmental compliance audits at variousplant and facility sites to ensure environmental conformity with local, stateand federal ordinances and regulations.
5) Work effectively and collaboratively with environmentalregulators, colleagues, management, and plant staff to ensure environmentalcompliance.
6) Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports for local,state and federal regulatory agencies such as the water board, air district,etc. and maintains appropriate documentation.
7) Maintain data and documentation within the CaliforniaEnvironmental Reporting System (CERS) for each of Teichert’s relevantfacilities. Periodically inspect to ensure compliance.
8) Maintain data and documentation related to facility SpillPrevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) plans. Review SPCC plans periodically and ensureupdates are completed as required.
9) Develop, collaborate and deliver appropriate andrequired environmental training for Company personnel at plant and operationsites.
10) Maintain Teichert’s environmental permit and datathrough an existing electronic filing system to track current and past environmentalpermits and related records and data.
11) Act as Company representative within professional andindustry organizations concerning environmental issues. Cultivate industry and regulatory contactsand attend related seminars and conferences.
12) When necessary, hire, coordinate and review work productof Environmental Consultants.
13) Assist with new mining permit applications andreclamation plan related to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) andrelated permit entitlement processes.
14) Conduct feasibility studies and develop budgetaryestimates on assigned projects.
15) Identify pollution prevention, waste minimization andrecycling opportunities throughout operations.
16) Maintain all certifications and training necessary toconduct essential job functions.
17) Promote a Zero Injury culture through personaladherence to all company safety policies and practices.
Theabove statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of workbeing performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,duties, and skills required. Othersimilar or additional duties are performed as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Engineering, Biology, Geology, Chemistry, Physics or related science field preferred. EXPERIENCE & INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE: Five plus (5+) years of experience with environmental compliance or an equivalent combination of training and related experience. Visual Emission Evaluation (VEE), Water Systems Operator (D1), Registered Geologist (RG), and/or Professional Engineer (PE) certifications are desirable but not required. KNOWLEDGE: A solid understanding of environmental engineering philosophies, practices and terminologies. Familiarity with California environmental laws and regulations preferred. Experience with the construction materials industry a plus. SKILLS/ABILITIES: Must be proficient in computer software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and AutoCAD. Must possess advanced math skills including the ability to perform error omissions calculations, convert source data, determines flow rates and concentrations of gases. Must possess the ability to interpret and communicate environmental regulations into easily understood concepts and practices. Must possess the ability to work independently as well as maintain effective working relationships within a team environment. Must develop and maintain strong working relationships with fellow employees, customers and agencies. Must use initiative to research problem situations and resolve in a timely and effective manner with all employees, customers and agencies. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management practices. Must possess the ability to operate handheld environmental devices such as a pH Meter, EC (Electrical Conductivity), Turbidity Meters, Well Bailers or pumps and Air Monitors. A valid Driver’s License, ability to maintain an acceptable driving record and access to a mechanically sound and safe licensed vehicle.
Teichert is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an E-Verify Company.
Interested in building a meaningful career with an innovative company committed to being an industry leader? Consider the possibility of becoming a Teichert employee. From strategic support services to field positions to leadership, Teichert offers many opportunities for motivated individuals. At Teichert, you will find a stimulating environment offering training opportunities and growth potential you’ve been looking for in a career.
Teichert recognizes the advantages derived from a diverse workforce and prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/LGBT/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
Teichert’s construction, materials, and support teams (including Safety, Information Services, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Sourcing, Industrial Relations, Risk Management, Mobile Equipment, and other professional services) offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about benefits offered, please view our Benefits Summary.
Many of our most valued employees work in the field and are members of various labor unions. If you are interested in finding out more about union positions at Teichert, please contact one of the following organizations: