Responsible for the operational activities of an Automated Refill Center
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives, and confers with Operations Manager, Inventory Manager, and Facilities Management to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Monitors efficiency and productivity trends, potential problems, and opportunities proactively
- Optimizes operations shift schedules as required to support McKesson and customer goals
- Develops, evaluates, and maintains Standard Operating Procedures for all operational functions
- Develop comprehensive performance objectives for quarterly objectives and reviews (team, and individual)
- Gives work direction, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Coordinates pharmacy installs and troubleshoots proprietary system problems working with a variety of vendors
- Develop and maintain comprehensive training program including mandatory McKesson annual training, pharmacy SOP’s, and any required compliance training for the customer
- Ensure standards for efficiency, and productivity are being met / exceeded always
- Complete pharmacy incident research including detailed root cause, and corrective action with acute sensitivity to the needs of the customer
- Collaborate with home DC, and transportation couriers to ensure contractual service levels are met
- Lead the McKesson safety program to ensure a safety first working environment and culture
- Interview, hire, and develop a team of engaged professional pharmacy staff
- Compile and distribute a number of different reports to support management and the business
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 4 year degree preferred.
- 5+ years operational experience including 2+ years managerial experience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Industry experience in pharmacy distribution, automation, logistics, supply chain, warehouse, manufacturing or distribution environment preferred
- Skilled in interviewing, coaching, evaluation, discipline and record keeping
- Experience with pharmacy compliance, regulatory, FDA or ISO9000 regulations a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, past symptoms to root cause levels.
- Experience inspiring a team, leveraging strengths, executing a strategy, advancing a business, and developing self / others
- Proficiency in MS Office and strong general computer proficiency required
- Excellent and effective business communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Skill at communicating insights and understanding of issues and problems
- Must be open to flexible hours to support McKesson, the team, and our customer; must also be open to adjusting shift and overtime as needed based on business requirements.
- Experienced in analyzing data and conditions in real time and adjusting as needed
Career Level - Manager-M1
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!