The Construction Project Manager, reporting to the Project Director (PD) of the site, will simultaneously oversee multiple residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects. The Project Manager will report at least three times a week on the status of the job to the PD. A Project Manager may be required to perform additional duties to support the PD.
- Manage high risk, high exposure and/or complex projects
- Communicate professionally with customers, subcontractors and insurance companies
- Provide technical explanations to cl adjusters, consultants and others
- Coordinate job starts and schedule appointments with customers, and clients
- Coordinate work duties with subcontractors and field personnel
- Provide constructive feedback and direction to complete tasks on time and within budget
- Coordinate after-hours emergency services, including board-ups, water damage, fire and smoke damage and vandalism
- Obtain all city permits and inspections and/or certified inspections
- Observe all OSHA, EPA, SCAQMD regulations
- Assure compliance with DOT requirements
- This position will require some travel at various times and this person must be willing to work odd hours, weekends and holidays as called upon
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously over a multi-location region
- Daily use of Salesforce to manage projects, run reports, input and manage work orders, forecasting budgets/labor/material, and other tasks as needed.
Technical Skills: Must be proficient in MS Office, Xactimate, Salesforce.com, and structural building experience. Insurance restoration experience is a plus.
Communication Skills: Fluent English, both oral and written. Strong technical writing skills and ability
to effectively express his or herself orally in project reviews conducted among internal staff, before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Work Environment: Working primarily in an administrative environment, will frequently visit sites with a work environment that is usually dirty, dusty and noisy, on uneven ground/surfaces containing hazardous or potentially hazardous substances and/or materials and is subject to inclement or extreme weather conditions and temperatures. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: Must be in good physical health and be able to meet the medical clearance requirements of an OSHA (HAZWOPER) medical surveillance physical examination and drug screening. Able to wear full and half face respirator and lift/carry 50 pounds.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college is a plus
- Minimum of three years of Superintendent experience in all phases of construction
- A combination of commercial and residential experience is preferred
Certifications Needed: The candidate will be in possession of a current asbestos, lead, and mold certifications. Will also have llCRC AMRT certification. Such certification shall be issued by a Certified State training provider as identified by OSHA The individual must have on file a valid and current environmental physical enabling the individual to wear a respirator. Also, OSHA 30 hr. construction course, current State Driver’s license and forklift operator certification.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, strong work ethic with the ability to follow directions. Experience operating vehicles up to 26,000 GVW and operating truck-trailer combinations. Good communication skills and commitment to company safety policy are a must. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. Bilingual English/Spanish is encouraged, but not required.