Bonney Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air has a need for experienced HVAC Installers. This position services customers throughout the greater Sacramento area.
What you will do:
- Installation of furnace, ventilation, and air conditioning units.
- Installs duct work, furnaces, air conditioners and/or gas piping by reading blue prints.
- Responsible for installation of copings, fascia, wall panels, trim, metal roofing, underpayment, and rain screen systems.
- Inspects each aspect of an installation before leaving the job to prevent unnecessary callbacks after a job is completed.
- Tests each system after each installation is completed prior to leaving the customer’s home to make sure that the system is working properly.
- Performs a wide variety of maintenance and repair tasks in the operation of heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems in residential homes.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs various models of HVAC equipment.
- Ensure compliance with company safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime
- Pursue every job with drive and determination.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the needs of the business.
What you have:
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understand the operating principles of HVAC.
- Ability to do sheet metal work including knowledge of design and layout.
- Able to read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints.
- Perform brazing, welding, and soldering as needed
- Ability to run copper piping and PVC
- Capable of making technical decisions under pressure.
- Knowledge of HVAC building code.
- Permit pulling knowledge.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of heating and air conditioning in residential buildings.
- Ability to recognize and locate conditions which require repair and maintenance work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, managers, and peers, both written and verbally
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results driven environment.
- Ability to read, communicate, and understand the English language.
- Ability to meet all Company safety requirements.
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
- Minimum of 2 years HVAC experience
- Experience in retrofit, cut-ins, add on replacement, duct work, mini splits, and package units.
- Valid driver’s license with clean DNV record. Must be insurable.
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift up to 50 lbs., be able to push, pull, carry, or maneuver up to 100 lbs. with assistance. Perceive depth, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. May work under difficult lighting and access situations.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders. Able to meet weight limits of ladders with body weight and tools.
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. Exposure to extreme hot and cold. Work may be performed in attics and/or crawlspaces. May perform work from heights.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to hand tools, power tools, smart phone and tablet, and vehicles.