We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Responsible for providing members with consultative quality service. Processes member transactions. Cross-sells credit union products and services that will benefit the members. These activities may be performed on the platform, teller line, and Advance Service Counter as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain positive member and staff relationships.
• Initiate Sales/Service activities:
- Develop, set, and achieve personal sales and referral goals.
- Assist in achievement of branch sales goals.
- Refer members to Real Estate,SAFE Financial Services, and Business Specialist/Development Officer for assistance as appropriate.
- Assist in developing and conducting branch sales programs, as requested.
- Develop and maintain a proactive book of business to create ongoing and new sales opportunities through outbound sales calls
- Participate in Benefit Fairs and offsite events to expand membership and book of business.
• Provide consultative member service.
• Achieve and maintain appropriate Mystery Shop and Survey scores through excellent service.
• Conduct member-profiling methodology to determine member needs; confer with members on various products and services. Explain benefits and features.
• Open New Account Products.
• Accept loan applications, perform loan funding, participate in the audit process.
• Maintain, sell and process Visa gift cards, debit and credit products.
• Provide transactional member service in all areas of the branch.
- Greet all members pleasantly and by name.
- Accept and process deposits, withdrawals, payments, cashier checks, and cash advances according to SAFE’s policies.
- Process over the counter requests for cashier checks, money orders and travelers’ cheques.
- Thank members for their business.
• Maintain and balance individual cash drawer throughout the day and at end of shift.
• Assist in the opening, balancing and closing functions of the branch.
• Participate in training and development of teammates as requested.
• Maintain files, complete regulatory reports, and assist with other duties as assigned.
• Participate in self-development and training programs.
• Acquire personal skills through ongoing internal/external programs.
• Assist team with overrides and approvals as authorized by branch management.
• Resolve errors and member complaints.
• Act in a supervisory capacity as requested.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Communicate effectively.
• Ability to function in a team environment as a proven team player.
• Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them.
• Ability to act in a lead capacity when needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.