Performs critical IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, troubleshooting, debugging and implementation of all aspects of IT infrastructure including business applications, servers, storage and databases in support of multiple functional areas. Responsible for project planning and implementations of Enterprise solutions. Assists in the recommendation for improvements and the development of technical standards. Routinely works on problems of diverse scope that require in-depth technical analysis and frequent creative resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-to-day technical support for internal IT staff and business partners required for applications, server, storage databases and general IT infrastructure and other Data Center issues.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot servers, storage, databases, backup, and telephony solutions in a heterogeneous Data Center environment.
- Ensure and maintain the highest possible security standards and practices in accordance with company and IT Security policies and procedures, especially as they relate to application, management, Data Center and overall IT infrastructure security.
- Administer and maintain backup, disaster recovery and business continuity systems and protocols in accordance with company and IT policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development, testing, evaluation and design of IT standards, systems, infrastructure and solutions.
- Coordinate with multiple functional areas and vendors on the planning, upgrading, testing and servicing of Enterprise solutions.
- Assess, design, build and support complex SQL Cluster and Oracle infrastructures and the applications that connect to them.
- Experience working with database integrity, backups, SQL scripting, maintenance plans, database patching on production databases.
- Configure alerting and monitoring of all applications and databases to ensure high levels of system availability.
- Assess, design, build and support Virtual Infrastructures (VI) including server and storage platforms using VMware vSphere.
- Assess, design, build and support Active Directory infrastructures.
- Assess, design, build and support HP-UX and Linux infrastructures.
- Assess, design, build and support network storage (SAN/NAS) and backup environments (D2D).
- Maintain awareness of new technologies.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four-year college or university degree; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The following professional certifications are preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA): SQL Server 2012/2014
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA): Windows Server 2012 or higher
Strong Knowledge and experience with the following technology is preferred:
- SQL Server Clustering/Oracle
- VMware vSphere
- HP 3PAR/EMC VNX
- HP BCS/Cisco UCS
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016
- HP-UX/Red Hat Linux
- HP Data Protector
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a self-starter, able to work without constant supervision
- Strong investigation, remediation, and reporting intuition
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing complex Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle environments with a focus in high availability and disaster recovery.
- 5+ years of experience with VMware or a competitive virtualization software solution.
- 3+ years of experience maintaining the health of a large Active Directory environment.
- 3+ years of experience administering DNS, WINS, and DHCP.
- Experience migrating servers and/or virtualizing servers.
- Experience configuring Group Policy Objects to secure a Windows infrastructure.
- Experience in remediating security deficiencies within the Active Directory environment.
- Must be detail oriented and willing to work as part of a team.
- Must be customer service oriented to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Strong troubleshooting, research and communications skills are required.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and multitask on multiple project needs is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.