Summary: Market and service accounts in accordance with company objectives and procedures; complement account executive responsibilities for new business development and existing client perpetuation and maintain a book of accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
· Market account renewals and negotiate with company underwriters; present customer with the best program. Begin marketing 90 days prior to the renewal date.
· Utilize the TAM system for efficient and relevant workflow implemented.
· Process client service requests and submit information to the company, including insurance documents, proposals, and applications for new/renewal business.
· Review new business, renewals, cancellations, and endorsements; process and transmit to clients.
· Verify accuracy of premium transactions issued by companies, including commission differences.
· Prepare proposals; maintain complete copies of policies.
· Prepare invoicing in accordance with company standards.
· Review monthly renewals up to 120 days in advance of expiration.
· Participate in formal account reviews; assist in account rounding.
· Maintain knowledge of all lines of coverage.
· Follow agency procedures and insurance company regulations.
· Function as a primary client service contact.
· Maintain the accuracy of files and entries.
· Maintain awareness of market conditions, changes, and current legislation.
· Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by management.
Measures of Performance
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in individual or group problem-solving situations.
2. Customer/Client Service - Manages difficult or emotional client situations; responds promptly to client needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
3. Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict and communicating effectively.
4. Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and suggestions.
5. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens to and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
6. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
7. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
8. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
9. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
10. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with suggestions for an alternate plan; available to assist or back up the producer for account rounding.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt Hours: Monday- Friday, Flexible EEOC
Competitive Compensation & Benefit Plan
Employment type: full-time
**Final candidates must be willing to submit to a drug screen and criminal background investigation**