United States of America - California, Sacramento
The Water Division of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Design Build Senior Project Manager with large Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant experience for immediate employment. This position will report to our Water Group in Sacramento, CA (with dotted line to the National Design Build Group in Chelmsford, MA) and will be physically located within 1 hour of Sacramento, California.
It is desirable that the Design Build Project Manager has familiarity with job cost reporting, and budget control activities through the life of the project, including EAC analysis during on-site construction as prime contracting entity. Those Project managers with either Alternative Delivery project management experience or Construction Management (at-risk) or prime contracting experience will be considered, especially those with water/wastewater industry experience or those with experience in industrial (process) oriented construction fields.
Fiscal Experience – Proven project management skills to delivery projects at or under budget and on schedule
Team Oriented – This position requires the skill set to facilitate the entire team working collaboratively together to deliver the project.
Schedule – Ability to schedule and manage complex delivery teams.
The Project Manager will be charged with responsibility to direct the performance of an active progressive Design Build Wastewater Project with the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary interface between AECOM, our contractor partners, and the Client;
- If applicable, designate a lead Party for any task;
- Ensure the appropriate staffing of the Project
- Submit Change Orders to the Client;
- Prepare monthly progress reports
- Oversee the progress of the construction Work
- Work with project controls personnel to update and maintain Project schedules
- Consult and confer with the Engineering Manager and the Construction Manager
* Plans, directs, and supervises all operations included in a large, complex project or several moderately sized projects with greater risk and complexity, and significant financial impact.
* Resolves complex issues.
* Manages projects on a local to national basis achieving quality outcomes, financial performance and client satisfaction.
* Successfully develops strategy, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, and executes project(s).
* Acts as primary point of contact with client and has full responsibility for project delivery.
* Project teams may include 10 or more members often representing multiple business lines, working in remote locations and including a subcontractor(s).
+ BA/BS + 12 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 4 years of leadership
+ Master’s Degree in Engineering
+ Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
+ CCM or PMP certified
+ 20+ years of progressive experience within the municipal water industry
+ 20+ years of related experience in delivering construction projects at risk in the water/wastewater industry or those projects delivered at-risk as a design build contractor.
+ Experience in working with local and state regulatory agencies
+ Experience in managing construction subcontractors
+ Ability to broad scan other water related end markets and to assist in strategy development
+ Agile response to fast paced, complex work environment and organizational change
+ Good understanding of project delivery and ability to facilitate technical discussions when needed.
+ Proven project management experience with ability to manage a diverse team.
+ Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and manage risk.
+ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering - Water / Wastewater
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 236995BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.