Under the direction of the President, the incumbent plans and directs the overall Food & Beverage operations, including all related management functions to ensure a positive guest experience.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Drives P&L strength by implementing appropriate programs and systems and provides oversight to ensure adherence to such. Ensures strong fiscal responsibility is demonstrated by staff.
- Utilize and/or create financial reporting tools to properly measure area’s efficiency and financial success. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Develops and administers operating and capital budgets.
- Conducts or reviews detailed management and operational analyses to ensure ongoing success and efficiency within the department.
- Responsible for specifications and quality of all food and beverage products.
- Controls all labor and food cost percentages.
- Responsible for quality, consistency, and presentation of all food and beverage products delivered to guests.
- Recommends to senior management operational enhancements that support initiatives and promote excellence.
- Monitors profit and loss statements to ensure objectives are met, and recommends corrective actions as required.
- Develop department members’ knowledge and skills through education, training, coaching, corrective counseling, etc.
- Demonstrates a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Ensures prompt and discreet notification to appropriate management of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to best manage labor costs while maintaining outstanding guest service.
- Stays abreast of the current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicates pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and team members as appropriate.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
Requires a BS/BA degree in related field, and at least ten (10) years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in Tribal Gaming preferred.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
Must possess excellent organizational, communication and multi-tasking skills.
Must possess excellent time management skills, along with the ability to forecast the time management needs of others.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives first preference in all of its employment practices to members of the Enterprise Rancheria Tribe who meet the job requirements.