The incumbent in this position sells and services rooms and meeting space to prospective groups, both externally and internally, ensuring that the goals and objectives are obtained. The Sales Coordinator is responsible for Catering groups and Internal Special Events groups.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Sells and services meeting space, assists with audio-visual, banquet, and food & beverage to all catering and special event groups, as assigned.
- Contacts catering group’s daily (verbal or written) to establish a schedule of communications. Discuss groups’ arrival, departure, function services, off-property functions and cross-sells amenities of property when appropriate according to written and signed contacts.
- Performs client up-sell techniques as they relate to menu selection upgrades.
- Communicates and follows though daily with all service departments to ensure that all changes are being fulfilled according to clients’ specifications and attends all meetings as directed by the Special Events and Catering Manager.
- Greets group representatives upon arrival and reviews all pertinent property locations and other features and amenities of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain.
- Maintains accurate reports and follows up in a timely manner with internal and external requests. Helps maintain Catering software and property calendar.
- Meet with key Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain department managers, in order to communicate sales efforts specific to their territory, discuss opportunities, and together develop ideas for improving all of Hard Rock’s group guest’s including meeting and events guest satisfaction.
- Establishes, develops and maintains positive business relationships on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain with both new and existing guests.
- Performs outside and telemarketing sales calls to sell and prospect repeat and new group catering business as directed by the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of an Associates degree in business administration, marketing, or other related field, as well as a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in inside sales support or call center guest support.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State and ERGC Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry required.
- Prior experience in Tribal Gaming strongly preferred.
- Effective personal presence and proven communication skills both in written and verbal communication, with important and prospective clients, and all levels of management and team members.
- Typing and computer skills required.
- Strong detail-oriented organization skills a must.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and guest skills required.
- Knowledge of gaming industry and/or hotel and resort marketing as it pertains to group sales is a plus.
- A proven history of guest service success that clearly showcases an understanding of both guest and sales growth is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, computer keyboards.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Prospect, create relationships, and close sales.
- Research, analyze, comprehend, and act upon information and be aware of the business environment in order to effectively manage areas of responsibility.
- Generate and make meaningful presentations to clients and generate internal reports.
- Seek ideas that will provide better return on investment (ROI) for Meetings and Events and/or efficiencies that will improve profitability for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain.
- Meet requested and required deadlines.
- Creates and prepares Banquet Event Orders in accordance with Casino Financial and operational Guidelines.
- Works directly with accounting department with all accounts payable, receivable and deposited funds.
The Tribal Council gives first preference in all of its employment practices to members of the Enterprise Rancheria Tribe who meet the job requirements.