VOCATIONAL SERVICES PROGRAM MANAGER
Full-time, FLSA Exempt Position
On My Own Community Services is a local company dedicated to providing quality training and support for adults with developmental disabilities. Our mission is to provide services to individuals so that they may experience the highest quality of life and obtain and maintain satisfying employment. We have an excellent reputation and strive to create a culture of creativity and compassion.
If you're looking for a work environment that is positive, fun and uplifting, this is the job for you!
- Act as a liaison between On My Own Community Services and external agencies.
- Forecast personnel requirements, training needs, client needs, and recruit staff in line with the mission of the organization.
- Supervise all program staff.
- Provide direction and training to all program staff in accordance with staff training curriculum and program structure.
- Oversee and coordinate client intake procedures.
- Provide education and support to external employers as agreed upon by clients. This may include negotiating job accommodations and follow-along contact with the employer/educator.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Department of Rehabilitation counselors to discuss possible referrals and shared clients; communicate with Department of Rehabilitation counselors between monthly meetings.
- Assure On My Own Community Services is in compliance with the Lanterman Act, Title 17, Alta California Regional Center, Department of Rehabilitation, and/or other state or federal agencies in partnership.
- Oversees necessary business records, program billing and invoices for services rendered and the business entity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of practices and principles of operating a small business.
- Knowledge of necessary skills required for an adult to work independently within the community.
- Thorough understanding of the laws and statutes pertaining to Developmentally Disabled Adults.
- Valid California driver’s license with reliable transportation (must be willing to drive own vehicle) and proof of automobile insurance in employee’s name.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible schedule to meet program, consumer, and staff needs.
Note: Benefits Packages unavailable at this time; however, benefits packages may be offered in the future with successful and continued growth of the company by the selected Program Manager.