At Clark Pacific, the Project Engineer is a position that facilitates the successful design, fabrication, and installation of architectural and structural building systems. Working as part of an integrated team within a specific business unit, this role applies engineering, project management, problem solving, and communication skills across all levels and disciplines within the organization, significantly contributing to the project success of some of the West Coast’s most iconic and exciting prefabricated buildings.
- Initial activities pertaining to the Design Phase, including, but not limited to: Submittal drawings (floor plans, elevations, material specifications, connection details, Reinforcing details, General panel details, Design approvals, Reinforcement drawings, and Miscellaneous metal drawings.
- Manufacturing-related activities pertaining to the Production Phase, including, but not limited to: Providing complete shop drawings (panel elements, structural elements, formwork, form change studies, Birdseye, stripping and yard handling studies to facilitate manufacturing, Ensuring purchasing of all required materials and forms, Design lifting hardware, loops, rigging, brackets, and inserts for stripping and handling forces, Provide and maintain a casting schedule, Perform quality checks, and Engage in start-up meetings with manufacturing, and remain engaged throughout each project’s life cycle.
- Field-related activities pertaining to the Erection Phase, including, but not limited to: Preparing crane studies, rigging diagrams, and the overall project erection plan as well as erection sequence, load lists, and diagrams, Coordinate shipping of miscellaneous metal, Coordinate field manpower requirements with Field & Trucking team to alignment to budget, Ensure fall protection plan is in place, Professionally represent the Company at the field erection site, and Inspect erection quality and performance to plan and budget.
- General project management including, but not limited to: Project performance to contract specifications, budget, and time commitments, Issue identification, problem-solving, resolution, and escalation (as necessary), Coordinate necessary and requested procedure submittals (such as welding, grouting, post-tensioning, etc., Engage with internal resources throughout the Company to contribute, learn, and develop professionally.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or an Engineering-related degree
- EIT certification preferred
Interested? Want to learn more? If you’re a hard-working nice person who is smart and curious, and think that this position is right for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply and let’s begin the journey. Welcome to Clark Pacific. Let’s do great things together!
Clark Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to set profiles, manage, and track your submissions you can register here