401K, Dental, Life, Medical
Do you have at least three years of experience as a HR professional? Do you like being hands-on and desire to work in a fast-paced environment?
The position: Under general supervision, conducts human resources related tasks such as recruiting, on-boarding, benefits administration and training. This position will be the first point of contact for all of Psynergy’s Sacramento locations.
· Place and manage recruitment advertising.
· Track applicants and collect resumes; ensure applicant database is accurate and complete.
· Vet appropriate resumes based on job requisition and job description.
· Route resumes to various department managers
· Set up interview schedules and make interview packets.
· Follow up with candidates and hiring manager after interviews.
· Obtain necessary paperwork from candidates.
· Perform candidate reference checks.
On-boarding and Orientation:
· Initial point person for IT Issues re: employee access/email setup/online training.
· Set up employee desks, coordinating with IT re: computer needs.
· Administer paperwork to new employees and contractors.
· Conduct office tours and staff introductions.
· Orient/train new hires on time tracking procedures, online training requirements/computer use.
· Conduct benefit orientations with eligible employees and collect appropriate paperwork.
· Answer employee benefits questions.
· Assist with open enrollment.
· May update vendor databases with enrollment/termination information.
Human Resources Support:
· In collaboration with supervisor, update and administer corporate employment policies.
· Keep employee files organized and up-to-date.
· Assist with administering leaves of absence.
· Track training assignations for completion; monitor retraining needs.
· Perform employee separation tasks including: ordering the final paycheck, creating exit paperwork, and conducting termination with employee.
· Compose letters, memos and other written communications on routine matters.
· Back up for supervisor on employee relations issues.
· Update necessary spreadsheets, and phone lists with employee information.
· Assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, binding proposals/presentations, faxing, filing and collating as related to Human Resources.
· Assist with corporate celebrations and employee events.
· Attend and participate in staff program and facility training as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Able to exercise absolute confidentiality and use discretion.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Promotes a professional image and positive attitude in all interactions with the staff and applicants.
· Superior editing skills to include solid grasp of grammar and spelling.
· Above average knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and database software.
· Highly organized and efficient; manages time well.
· An Associate’s degree is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 3 years of human resources experience is required.
· Prior recruiting experience is a must.
· PHR certification is a plus.
· Must be able to receive criminal record clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing regulations. This includes FBI and DOJ clearance.
· A health screening, by or under the direction of a physician must have been performed not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment. Health screening must include TB clearance not more than one year prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
· Must have a “valid” standard first aid card and CPR card from an accredited institution.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
· Light to moderate lifting is required.
· Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Psynergy is an adult residential facility that provides housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have four locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, Rancho Cordova, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
Psynergy Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Company website: http://www.psynergy.org