The incumbent in this position is responsible for properly preparing any and all foods listed on the respective menus that are to be grilled, fried, broiled, baked, boiled, braised, poached in an assigned kitchen outlet, or prepared in the pantry.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Prepares foods that are to be grilled, fried, broiled, baked, boiled, braised, poached or prepared in the pantry; ensures that all plates or pans served are aesthetically appealing and cooked to the specifications of the customer and the chef.
- Recognizes a variety of sauces and properly places them on all entrees featured on daily menus.
- Keeps workstation neat and clean.
- Assists co-workers to ensure efficient operation of the kitchen.
- On occasion may perform duties for special events/ parties.
- Ensures cleanliness of working area; reports all equipment for safety failures, hazardous areas and accidents.
- Ensures the proper storing of any foods, including those from a previous function.
- Ensures that items are fully stocked, and equipment is in good working condition.
- Ensures the proper closing down of workstations.
- Assists with other duties at special events or parties and assisting where necessary to include but not limited to carving, cooking, set up and or teardown stations or work areas or other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a High School Diploma or Equivalent. A culinary apprenticeship, an Associate’s Degree from a culinary institution or an equivalent with some industry experience is preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Basic food preparation knowledge and line work experience.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and guests.
- Use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, choppers, slicers, mixers and grinders.
The Tribal Council gives first preference in all of its employment practices to members of the Enterprise Rancheria Tribe who meet the job requirements.