If you've got a passion for people and the desire to succeed, a position as a CarMax Sales Consultant may be for you! CarMax is a growing company that is built on the fundamental principles of integrity and treating people with respect. Here are more reasons why our Associates love working for America’s #1 used car retailer:
A Great Place to Work
CarMax has been named one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® since 2005. Our Associates work in a supportive, diverse, and fun environment that fosters a work/life balance. This positive work environment leads to a positive customer experience, and is a big part of why 95% of our customers would refer us to their friends.
Don’t have automotive sales experience? CarMax is ranked as one of the best training companies in America. You’ll enjoy world-class, training with your own personal sales mentor who is dedicated to your success. We provide ongoing training, support self-development, and we learn as a team.
Career Growth and Recognition
With more than 130 stores nationwide and growing, CarMax Associates have fantastic career opportunities. Our incentive programs provide the potential for additional earnings, recognition, and perks!
CarMax Sales Consultant responsibilities include:
– Providing exceptional service throughout the customer’s experience.
– Communicating effectively both in-person and over the phone to discover the customer’s wants and needs.
– Serving as an advocate for CarMax by sharing what makes us the smart choice.
– Navigating and using various provided computer programs as selling tools.
– Consulting and guiding your customers to the appropriate next step based on their situation.
– Facilitating steps of the sale, such as the vehicle appraisal process, taking test drives, and submitting finance applications.
– Maintaining a working knowledge of CarMax products and appropriately recommending them to customers.
– Reading, collecting, and transcribing data in order to complete accurate paperwork.
– Seeking out opportunities for self-development, participating in training, and welcoming performance feedback.
– Building and maintaining strong relationships and demonstrating excellent teamwork.
– Maintaining the sales area so our vehicles and products are neatly and accurately displayed.
This position may require other duties as assigned. For store positions, the responsibilities may vary by store.
We always knew there had to be a better way to buy used cars. One that would make the process easy and fun. So we created CarMax, and we've been changing the way America buys cars since we opened our first store in Richmond, Virginia, in 1993.
Our business concept
Offer tens of thousands of used cars across the country
Sell every car with a low, no-haggle price
Provide only vehicles of superior quality that meet our high standards
Buy cars from customers, whether they buy from us or not
Deliver friendly, one-of-a-kind customer service
Through hard work and dedication, we've grown from that one store in Richmond to more than 140 stores across the country. We’ve sold more than 5 million cars. We've appraised more than 20 million. And the news is buzzing with stories about CarMax, the experience we offer our customers, and the work environment we provide for our Associates.
CarMax is listed on the FORTUNE® 500 list, and we've been named one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eleven years running.
How did we do it?
Quite simply, CarMax was built on the fundamental principle of integrity, reflected in the way we serve our customers, treat each other, and deliver our products.