Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine to complex technical duties in support of the Association’s management information system; provides technical desktop support to users; troubleshoots hardware and software problems associated with the Association’s computers, security systems, and related equipment; installs hardware equipment and software applications; assists with server set-up and administration; performs network back-ups; assesses user training needs and trains users in effective use of applications; makes recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and responds to requests for computer assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies.
- Responds to inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Diagnoses problems, performs remedial actions to correct problems, and /or recommends and determines solutions.
- Researches, resolves, and follows up on routine to complex user problems.
- Delivers, installs, or assists personnel in the installation of personal computers, software, and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, disk drivers, switches, hubs, and cabling.
- Tests, clones, loads, and configures specified software packages such as network operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs onto computer; may modify specific applications for sue by division; deploys software, settings, scripts, and batch files to workstations remotely.
- Troubleshoots LAN and WAN connectivity; performs point-to-point network troubleshooting, installation, and maintenance; replaces network lines as needed; makes network patch cables.
- Creates email accounts for users and departments; troubleshoots email connection and storage.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory and maintains the back-up systems.
- Provides security authorization for application access; maintains the active directory of users by adding, removing, and/or editing users; creates access rights to users and user groups; creates groups and mailing lists.
- Assists in routine server upgrades and maintenance; assists with enterprise servers.
- Trains users on software and hardware usages by providing instruction and documentation.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to personnel and/or users via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Assists and trains lower-level and new staff as required.
- Participates in group problem solving activities to promote continual business process improvements and initiatives.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Adheres to an established work schedule and the organization’s timekeeping practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices used in the operations, maintenance, and administration of network operating systems, personal computer system hardware, and related software systems.
- Techniques and methods of computer hardware and software evaluation, implementation, and documentation.
- Personal computer and network system application software packages, including word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Personal computers and peripherals, as well as, network hardware, including hubs, switches, and cabling.
- Troubleshooting, configuration, and installation techniques.
- Computer hardware, software, network technology, and operating system products.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations, and Association and departmental codes, policies, and procedures.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures.
- Method, techniques, and practices of data collection and report writing.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Association staff.
- Perform a variety of functions in the operation of a variety of computer equipment and peripheral components, including LAN and WAN systems; troubleshoot related problems and take appropriate action.
- Identify and resolve hardware and software problems and perform minor repairs.
- Setup personal computer and network hardware and install and configure software.
- Train staff on software applications and hardware usage.
- Work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
- Interpret, explain, and ensure compliance with Association policies and procedures, complex laws, codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
- Respond to and effectively prioritize multiple phone calls and other requests for service.
- Make accurate arithmetic and statistical computations.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Operate and maintain modern office equipment, including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of performing duties and responsibilities.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree or higher with major coursework in computer science, information technology, or closely related field with five (5) years of responsible technical experience performing technical support and network administration on personal computers and peripheral equipment including software administration in a multi-user environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines, instructions, and policies.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office equipment and visual acuity are required.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 75 pounds, hand truck available to assist.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of, or ability to, obtain a valid California Driver’s license by time of appointment.