Overview of the position:
Clark Pacific’s Business Development team is looking to add a Structural Estimator to the team. This position is a key member of the business unit, responsible for and empowered to apply creativity and innovation to plan, coordinate, direct and execute architectural precast estimates as required.
Specific accountability for this position includes:
- Evaluates the project, determine the scope and understand the level of detail required by BD team.
- Supports Sales with conceptual budgets and take offs
- Reviews all architectural drawings, specifications, schedules, contract documents and other pertinent information.
- Reviews all proposal drawings, structural calculations, and other information prepared by Clark Pacific’s Engineering Department and outside consultants for compliance with the bidding documents.
- Evaluates the project construction schedule and coordinate as needed with internal customers to assure buy in prior to bid
- Prepares a complete quantity survey (take off) for all materials to be included in the scope of the bid.
- Prepares material summaries and sketches as required for the solicitation of quotations as required for the preparation of the cost estimate.
- Estimates all field and shop labor hours required for the scope of the work in conjunction with relevant departments.
- Obtains labor rates, tax rates, transportation expenses, duty rates and any other cost information as required for the preparation of the cost estimate.
- Solicits for subcontractor quotations as necessary to complete the scope of work. Update subcontractors with plans, specifications and addenda as needed.
- Reviews vendor quotations for accuracy, completeness and conformity with the specifications. Updates vendors when addendums are issued and handle questions and clarifications from vendors.
- Prepares a complete and accurate cost estimate for the project.
- Prepares sales prices, formal proposals, unit prices, and other breakdowns as required by the bid forms. Sales Price markup will be provided by the business development department
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
- 2 years experience as Precast Project Engineer or Project Manager
- PE (preferred)
Clark Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer