The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external guest. The incumbent is also responsible for performing varied cashier functions in a pleasant, efficient and honest manner.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Opens check-cashing cards (requires making credit inquiries).
- Cashes checks, cashier checks, coins, and vouchers for guests and team members.
- Handles large amounts of money, accounting for total funds received throughout the day and at the end of each day.
- Exchanges foreign currency, cash coin, exchanges coin or tokens for customers.
- Performs numerous telephone functions to and from central credit, other properties, and departments within Hard Rock.
- Maintains accountability over a cashier drawer.
- Performs all duties in a confidential manner.
- Responsible for the impress bank issued. Perform guest and in-house monetary transactions.
- Balance and issue impress bank to Floor Attendants, F&B, and Hotel team members.
- Enter patron transactions into the computer system accurately.
- Prepare paperwork, balance sheets and documents in accordance with Company policy and procedures, and within the guidelines of Internal Controls. Signs all documents legibly.
- Transfer cash, coin and checks between cages and/or departments in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Strictly adhere to department policies and procedures in order to maintain integrity of the Cage operation. Apply accurate transaction and balancing practices.
- Participate in the daily cage reconciliation process.
- Comply with Federal Title 31 procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate managers of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to supervisors and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent and two months of on-the-job training, and/or through related cashier experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in Tribal Gaming preferred.
- Procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power-Point.
- Basic math skills.
- 10-Key calculator.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- This position spends time on the Casino floor and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
- Communicate effectively with outside contacts and all levels of team members.
- Review, comprehend, analyze and assimilate reports, information generated on and by the computer and other necessary documentation.
- Obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Balance bank at end of shift.
- Identify and accurately cash different denominations of gaming tokens, cash currency, checks, etc.