The incumbent in this position is responsible for developing and coordinating programs to attract and host mid- to high-limit players to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat visits. The incumbent is also responsible for developing and establishing relationships with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain midrange gaming guests in order to encourage return visits and create guest loyalty. The position is called upon to interact frequently with mid- to high-limit guests, and make decisions regarding extensions of complimentary services and/or goods.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Maintains relationships and markets our gaming product and amenities to valued guests.
- Greets Casino guests and participates in social events and special promotions.
- Tracks guest’s visits, arranges accommodations and provides complimentaries according to established guidelines.
- Issues Player’s Club cards and promotes the program and related promotions.
- Increases the growth of gaming revenues through development of a targeted guest base.
- Updates guest history for future visits.
- Ensures the protection of guest’s rewards and credit lines.
- Effectively handles guest complaints and discrepancies in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Provides special services to include food, beverage, transportation, cross-property events and Player’s Club programs.
- Achieves quotas provided by management for new card sign-ups, events, entertainment, etc.
- Responsible for telemarketing to active and inactive customers by mail and phone to further develop brand loyalty and visitation to the Hard Rock and reports the results of these efforts.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all electronic gaming machines, player tracking systems, promotions, events, entertainment and general property information.
- Keeps informed of competitive promotions.
- Safeguards the confidential nature of all departmental and company records.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Attend and participate in off property functions and events as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these skills are typically acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred with 2 years in a casino host position or 4 years casino marketing experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Mandarin, Cantoneses, and/or Vietnamese fluency preferred.
- Understanding of and experience in the property’s regional gaming market.
- Casino marketing functions including, but not limited to data base, advertising and branding.
- Operations, services and activities of a comprehensive marketing and database programs.
- Procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, email, spreadsheets, and databases to include excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Analyze marketing and promotions data.
- Be a strategic, analytical, ethical and effective motivator.
- Participate in the development and administration of goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- Operate various types of office equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- This position spends time on the Casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume.