The incumbent in this position is responsible for being the ultimate guide through the guests’ shopping experience. Hard Rock merchandise is a unique part of our business, which requires a special person to create the experience. As a Retail Sales Associate (RSA), you will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator, entertainer, memorabilia curator and musician.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Greets guests, answers the phone, and answers questions accurately and politely.
- Makes proficient sales transactions using a point-of-sale system; handles cash and other forms of payment; maintains proper cash drawer balances.
- Directs guests to different areas of the property.
- Demonstrates impeccable product knowledge by determining guests’ needs through actively engaging in conversations with them and informing guests of product features and benefits.
- Uses proven suggestive selling techniques (ie. Related items, higher-quality items, transitional phrases).
- Maintains a clean and organized store; maintains proper product stock levels through retail pulls and inventories.
- Displaying Retail product through Hard Rock’s visual display standards.
- Performs opening, closing, and side duties including but not limited to; cleaning glass, polishing brass, sweeping and vacuuming, folding products, etc.
- Assures the complete satisfaction of each and every guest by creating memorable experiences.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through two months of on-the-job training or related experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees and guests.
- Remain calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere.
- Present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Restock needed materials and retrieve dropped items.
- Use a cash register.
- Distinguish between different denominations of currency and make correct change.
- Use machines and equipment including, but not limited to: include cash register system, credit card machines, and calculator.
- The Tribal Council gives first preference in all of its employment practices to members of the Enterprise Rancheria Tribe who meet the job requirements