The Front Desk Agent is responsible for checking guests in and out, running daily reports, handling guest transactions and maintaining a bank, and answering guest inquiries. They must ensure that the front desk guest experience is quick and efficient for all guests and visitors.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Register property guests with an emphasis on fulfilling requests, following special handling instructions, and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- Select and block rooms for arriving guests; pre-register individuals or groups, as required; and assist in escorting VIPs and return guests to their rooms, as requested.
- Ensure all guest information is accurate and maintained in an organized manner.
- Utilize the property management system to run daily reports and block any special requests.
- Check guests out of the property in accordance with procedures.
- Make change, cash checks, exchange foreign currency, and post charges/make adjustments to guest accounts.
- Accept reservations, changes, and cancellations in the absence of reservations staff.
- Promote room upgrades (upsell) and monitor and control product to meet goals.
- Reconcile transactions at the end of each shift, cash out, and maintain a balanced bank.
- Assist individuals and groups with check-in, checkout, and room changes.
- Work closely with the bell and door staff to coordinate the efficient handling of luggage and follow up on guest requests, inquiries, etc.
- Greet guests in all public areas of the property; answer questions, handle requests, and offer directions, as needed.
- Work with Front Office Manager regarding hotel business to keep them informed.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Promote property outlets to guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
High School diploma or equivalent required, with a Secondary school degree preferred. Previous work experience in service for at least 2 years is preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in Tribal Gaming preferred.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Ability to comprehend and use basic language, either written or spoken, to communicate information and ideas.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing. Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- The Tribal Council gives first preference in all of its employment practices to members of the Enterprise Rancheria Tribe who meet the job requirements.