Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of retail sales workers in an establishment or department. Duties may include management functions, such as accounting and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties.
- Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Direct and supervise employees engaged in performing services for customers. Perform work activities of subordinates, such as
- cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and selling merchandise.
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Authorize payments and merchandise returns.
- Assign employees to specific duties.
- Keep records of purchases, sales, and requisitions.
- Enforce safety, health, and security rules.
- Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to assess the condition of each product or item.
- Instruct staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
Experience and Required Skills:
- At least 2 years of retail/customer service experience with at least 1 year of supervisory experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
- Must be able to effectively read, write and communicate in English
- Must have good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to perform basic math
- Previous cash handling experience required