Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
Under general supervision, travels to assigned sites to perform general maintenance work. Keeps assigned properties in clean and orderly condition. Performs heavy cleaning duties, performs routine maintenance activities, and grounds keeping responsibilities at company properties, commercial and other family-owned facilities
1) Perform general housekeeping duties at local sites including, but not limited to, sweeping grounds, cleaning up fuel or petroleum spills, cleaning machines and equipment, and gathering and emptying trash at all facilities.
2) Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to facilities; mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications. Properly clean and store hazardous waste in the form of fuel absorbents.
3) Notify manager concerning the need for major repairs; inform manager of supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
4) Make adjustments or minor repairs to facilities including, but not limited to, irrigation equipment, hoses and nozzles, and repair breakaways following “drive off”.
5) Maintain facilities in the local area as well as commercial and other family-owned properties. Mow or trim lawns or shrubbery, using mowers or hand or power trimmers; weed and mulch landscape beds; remove dead, damaged or unwanted shrubbery and trees; perform weed abatement services; and clear debris from grounds.
6) Move heavy equipment and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
7) Inspect and maintain stormwater discharge systems to comply with NPDES permits.
8) Conduct daily air quality inspections at assigned facilities.
9) Perform other duties, as assigned.
Required Education and Skills
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Able to perform heavy physical activity and strenuous daily activities. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis.
· Must have a valid California driver’s license
· Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.