The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information for internal and external use, maintaining and ascertaining the integrity of accounting records for the purpose of compiling, reconciling, adjusting and/or reclassifying accounting and operational information. This position is responsible for accounts receivable functions, general accounting procedures, analyzing assigned balance sheet accounts and providing general support to the finance department as needed.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Gathers and examines source information to use in reconciling monthly balance sheet accounts (bank, cash, inventory, etc.) to aid in the production of monthly financial statements with supporting documentation.
- Reviews and adjusts financial statements of departments to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares recurring journal entries and adjusts exceptional case entries to ensure most appropriate representation of data on the general ledger to provide accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Assists with daily and month-end journal entries to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Prepares invoices for accounts receivable as needed and reconciles receivable accounts.
- Assist with the Fixed Asset posting and tracking.
- Perform Inventory counts and adjustments.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing work and public spaces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field, as well as 1 years’ background in accounting procedures and financial statement preparation and/or through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent and 3 years’ progressive accounting experience and/or bookkeeping.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses/certifications per Federal, State and ERGC Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- Basic accounting principles and use of mathematical calculations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, and a commitment to outstanding service.
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking skills and detail oriented.
- Confidentiality standards.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming.
- Perform mathematical and statistical functions.
- Independently initiate, follow up, and complete assignments, as well as special projects.
- Perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Interface professionally with business contacts and guests.
- Obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality, understanding the potential impact on the department.