The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing the daily audit of cage, slots, and non-gaming revenue areas. The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring work performed by Revenue Audit Clerks to ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Responsible for monitoring the daily audit of cage, slots, and non-gaming revenue areas.
- Investigates and reports discrepancies determined through audit process to the Casino Controller.
- Prepares information and reports in a manner to ensure compliance with Gaming commission and all Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate records and files pertaining to daily audits of areas of responsibility.
- Anticipates ongoing changes, problems, and opportunities in order to maintain effective systems and procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation of the daily and monthly casino statistics.
- Oversees Revenue Audit Clerks and reviews completed audits for accuracy.
- Attend and participate in meetings, completing follow-up as assigned.
- Perform work regularly and predictably.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree program in the area of finance, business or accounting. Advance degree and/or professional certification are preferred. Experience of at least 2 to 4 years with significant exposure in financial analysis. Prior supervisory experience required.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc):
- Must obtain and maintain valid licenses / certifications per Federal, State and ERGC Gaming regulations.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Prior experience in the Gaming industry strongly preferred.
- The Gaming industry, including principles and practices of a capital and operations budget.
- The following office systems: Microsoft Office Word and Excel, and other accounting systems.
- 10-Key calculator.
- Sound interpersonal judgment and decision-making skills.
- Financial systems and proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- Audit functions.
- Regulatory requirements.
- Perform basic mathematical problems.
- This position spends time on the Casino floor and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Interface professionally with business contacts and guests.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates, coworkers, and management.
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- Obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, understanding the potential impact on the department.