Have you worked as a janitor or similar before? Are you ready to work in the lively, fast paced, AAA Four Diamond environment that Thunder Valley Casino Resort can offer? As a Casino Janitor you will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in the casino, outside grounds, public areas, and offices. This Team Members in this position will anticipate and respond to Guest issues, providing service in a friendly manner.
- Practice, support, and promote Thunder Valley Casino Resort’s “Winning Attitude” company-wide culture and demonstrate AAA Four Diamond service standards at all times.
- Responsible for cleaning assigned zone(s), with a safety-minded approach and courteous demeanor among Guests and Team Members.
- Dust tops of slot machines, disinfect slot machines and surrounding areas.
- Disinfect all surfaces.
- Empty and wipe out ash trays.
- Responsible for sweeping and vacuuming carpeted areas throughout the casino, including edges.
- Responsible for mopping hard surface flooring throughout the casino.
- Responsible for emptying trash cans throughout the casino, valet area, and parking garage.
- Responsible for sweeping up trash and cigarette butts, and emptying out trash cans in the parking lots and parking garage.
- Responsible for cleaning food court tables, walls, countertops, and sweeping food court floors.
- Responsible for cleaning bio-hazards including, but not limited to, feces, urine, blood, and other bodily fluids
- Responsible for cleaning The Spa, restaurants, Hotel lobby, pool area, Pano Hall, Fitness Center, and other areas assigned by Management.
- Disinfect ATM’s and Guest Kiosks.
- Wipe down trash cans, doors, walls and windows.
- Remove gum from floors, chairs, and tables.
- Responsible for cleaning casino and back-of-house restrooms including, but not limited to, cleaning and disinfecting toilets, urinals, walls, partitions, dispensers, countertops, sinks, and hand dryers.
- Mop restrooms twice per shift and document activity on the appropriate log.
- Replenish paper towels, toilet paper, seat covers, and soap.
- Responsible for cleaning offices including, but not limited to, emptying trash cans, vacuuming, wiping down walls, desks, countertops, and phones.
- Responsible for maintaining the Hazard Communication Standard for your area.
- Be familiar with OSHA safety codes regarding chemicals. Use proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when using or dispensing chemicals.
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members, and Management in both written and verbal form and by telephone and radio.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain UAIC Tribal Gaming License.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Ability to lift, maneuver, and move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to use and carry job related equipment.
- Manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.
- Ability to crouch, kneel, push, turn, reach, carry, and pull.
- Requires the physical ability to stand and walk for duration of shift.
- Ability to working in dimly lit conditions and a noisy and smoky environment.