The Security Officer ensures the safety and security of Guests, Team Members, and Thunder Valley Casino Resort assets. We are looking for individuals who can maintain their cool in difficult situations, while maintaining a firm and confident presence
- Practice, support, and promote Thunder Valley Casino Resort’s “Winning Attitude” company-wide culture and demonstrate AAA Four Diamond service standards at all times.
- Respond to and assist in all emergencies, including, but not limited to, fires, medical emergencies, and criminal activity.
- Patrol and observe all public areas, Team Member service areas, back of house areas, and Casino property for the safety of Guests and Team Members.
- Remain constantly alert and respond to all disturbances in order to defuse incidents, being prepared to become involved in a physical confrontation when necessary.
- Observe and report all suspicious activity, people, unusual situations, and emergencies, and take immediate action as required.
- Transport and protect Thunder Valley Casino Resort assets.
- Thoroughly investigate and document all incidents as required.
- Escort Team Members and Guests to and from their vehicles, when requested.
- Jump-starts Guests’ and Team Members’ vehicles when needed.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of and enforce all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity.
- Display friendly, courteous, and polite behavior to internal and external Guests at all times.
- Practice teamwork, support fellow Team Members, and create an energized, positive work atmosphere.
- Give full attention to Guest opportunities and takes ownership of these opportunities to ensure Guest satisfaction.
- Perform special functions as assigned (e.g. Podium Officer, Pool Officer, and Bike Officer).
- Demonstrate thorough ability and familiarity with the operation of the Security vehicle, properly operating it while obeying all driving regulations and adhering to all speed laws on Thunder Valley Casino Resort property as well as public/private property (Officers will consider all road hazards and will operate the vehicle with full coherency and alertness at all times).
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous work experience in security or guest services preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Valid CA driver’s license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain UAIC Tribal Gaming License.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Must have the ability to subdue person(s), run, climb stairs, sit, stand, or walk for duration of shift.
- Must have the ability to lift and drag an unconscious person during an evacuation.
- Must have acute senses of smell and sound.
- Must be able to communicate using a two-way radio and telephone.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Manual dexterity to operate job related equipment.
- Must be able to access all areas of the property which may include prolonged standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, bending, lifting, climbing, grasping, and reaching.