Use your culinary skills in a fast paced environment. We offer an array of vast foods in our Cafe. Our Cafe Cook is in view of guest at all times, so it is very important that you are aware of food and service standards. Must be polite and courteous to guests and fellow Team Members. Having the ability to cook and present menu items that is visually appealing and flavorful in taste is the essence of your position.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Thunder Valley Casino’s “Winning Attitude” Company-wide culture and demonstrating Thunder Valley Casino’s AAA Four Diamond Service Standards at all times.
- Have basic food knowledge, cooking techniques, knife skills, ability to operate kitchen equipment.
- Understand how to read and fill production par sheets.
- Understanding the importance of consistency of all menu items. Become familiar with standardized SOP recipe format.
- Follow proper health department rules & regulations, HACCP, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Acknowledge responsibility of station set up through utilization of station check list; labeling, rotation and storage methods.
- Proper cooking skills with presenting menu items that are flavorful, proper texture and balanced.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through presentation, food quality and promote positive customer relations.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Follow set schedules and specific job duties.
- Maintain personal grooming and uniform standards pursuant to Thunder Valley’s policies.
- Treat each Team Member with care, dignity, fairness and respect.
- Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers. Keep them abreast of all department activities.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by Director of Food and Beverage.
- Follow SOP’s, recipe books and guidelines and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for Four Diamond guest service.
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and those of the Department of Indian Health.
- Ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify a supervisor immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good working order.
- Possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment, including those involving a three-meal period and high volume production. Majority of the production will be frying, sautéing, griddling, carving, broiling, and steaming all meats, fish, vegetables and poultry. May include cold salads, sandwiches, cold displays, salad dressings, slicing deli meats and cheese for guest services according to Thunder Valley standard’s and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, Team Members and management in both written and verbal form.
- Regular attendance and punctuality necessary.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards.
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision. Ability to handle high pace production.
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and be willing to continuously improve.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of culinary experience.
- Must be able to read all tickets and organize food production in a timely manner.
- Possess or obtain a California Food Handler Card.