The Accounts Receivable Specialist I is responsible for ensuring that delinquent accounts are brought up to date by communicating directly with members through daily, professional correspondence, inbound and outbound telephone calls.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Meets and exceed all daily productivity, calls-per-hour (CPH), call quality evaluations (CQE), and all other metrics.
- Negotiate payment terms, reconciling past due amounts and offer settlements to enhance the member to consider a new membership with CFF.
- Analyzes and documents reason for past due payments, reviewing terms of sales, service or credit contract with customer
- Prepares and mails final demand letters
- Work with AR Management to identify process deficiencies and implement established best practices.
- Confirms current address on “returned collection” mail, by calling member, internet search for current address and/or reverse directory search
- Files preparation of Bad Debt write-off accounts
- Primary contact for accounts past due and requiring additional collections treatment.
- Tacks and Mails 30-60-90 day collection letters & credit card/EFT decline letters
- Maintain and consistently update and monitor a past due account portfolio by contacting delinquent customers via telephone, email and letters.
- Maintains filing system for agency assigned accounts
- Meet or exceed individual cash targets and call volume as assigned on a monthly & quarterly basis.
- Educates members on basic cancellation policies, collects amounts due and negotiates settlements
- Maintains accurate Daily Collection Activity Log
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 year’s office or 6+ years at Cal Fit.
- 2 year collections experience preferred
- Ability to work at a fast pace; initiative and results-focused
- Strong influence and presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Windows/Outlook; ability to type 40 words
- Strong communication skills; proficiency in written and spoken English
- High School Diploma or GED required
- A.A. preferred
- Full-Time position
- 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Reasons to Bring your It to Cal Fit (depending upon position/ask your interviewer):
- Paid Time Off 1st year
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Free Membership at all clubs for you & dependents
- Monthly & Annual Bonuses
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Base plus Commission
- Employee Appreciation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Cancer, Disability Insurance
- Complimentary Notary Services
- Child Care/Kidz Klub available to Child Care employees during work
- Midday work-out break for managers
- Discounted Personal Training
- Manager Training Programs
California Family Fitness is an equal opportunity employer. All offers of employment for Accounts Receivable Specialist I are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and background investigation.