Newport Group has a great opportunity for a Business Analyst at our Folsom, CA office. S/he will document business and functional requirements, develop, modify, test and implement new operational processes, and IT systems enhancements, document and support application modules for internal and external use, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
- Act as the primary project liaison between business users and technical teams.
- Identify, analyze and translate business Product Owners needs into written project definitions, user stories, and acceptance criteria for new application development or enhancement requests.
- Work with Product Owners to help translate business needs into a groomed product backlog.
- As a team member on an Agile Scrum project team the Business Analyst will partner with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and team members including development, database resources, report writers, quality assurance associates, and technical writers in the development of web based applications and reporting to serve the needs of external and internal partners.
- Work with project managers, other business analysts, development resources, and quality assurance team members through the Agile Scrum process to help “shepherd” a project from start to final implementation.
- Assist the Scrum Master during the Agile Release Planning and Sprint Planning meetings to make updates to the user stories and acceptance criteria on the fly.
- Collaborate with external vendors on specific design projects or product acquisitions as necessary.
- Assist in the Quality Assurance and Story Acceptance testing of user interfaces for applications, other application enhancements and with application outputs such as reports.
- Assist with coordination of the Sprint Review process with the Scrum Master and Team Members to obtain acceptance from the Product Owner for functionality developed during the Sprint.
- Collaborate and communicate with other business analysts and leaders to coordinate cross project initiatives and activities.
- Up to twice per quarter on weekends, the Business Analyst will participate in the release process to help coordinate implementation steps, answer last minute questions and to perform post production installation testing.
- Partner with technical documentation to assist with the review of release notes, system documentation, user documentation and other training materials.
- Assist Quality Assurance and Application Support associates to resolve issues and/or questions with internal applications as well as monitor and coordinate the resolution of any project related support issues.
- Maintain current awareness of internal systems, industry trends and applicable technologies.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills are required to be successful.
- Ability to create positive and professional business relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to effectively initiate action, collaborate with others, and drive action items to resolution.
- Be adept at time management and be comfortable working on multiple projects. Analytical, problem solving, planning, and organizational skills are required to be effective.
- Ability to quickly understand and adapt existing internal business process knowledge into documentation required to support a diverse mix of technology projects and system enhancements. Desire and ability to learn complicated concepts and formulate that knowledge into action plans
- Strong understanding of dynamic web development and database technologies.
- Experience in the Retirement Services Industry desirable
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- 2 - 5 years of total experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with end users in a business analyst or support role
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) designation desirable.