At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset. Our employees are the vital link that ensures that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We have a variety of career fields that help make a difference in the lives of Californians, and we’re looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Are you passionate about coaching management to build and develop high performing employees? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!
Covered California is seeking an experienced individual that will serve as a Performance Manager for the Performance Management Unit, providing advice and expertise to managers and supervisors regarding personnel issues, personnel policy, employee performance management, progressive discipline, and non-punitive actions.
The classification for this role is a Staff Services Manager I (SSMI).
- Desire and curiosity to learn
- Willingness to learn and teach other managers what they have learned (e.g. employee improvement techniques, developments, or procedures)
- Coaching experience
EITHER - PATTERN 1
- One year of experience in the California state service performing analytical staff duties of a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of Associate Governmental Program Analyst.
OR - PATTERN 2
- Three years of increasingly responsible management, personnel, fiscal, planning, program evaluation, or related analytical experience beyond the trainee level which shall have included the preparation of reports and the presentation of recommendations to management, at least one year of which must have been in a full journeyperson technical capacity. (Experience in the California state service applied toward this requirement must include one year performing the duties of a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of Associate Governmental Program Analyst.) (In appraising experience more weight will be given to the breadth of pertinent experience and the evidence of the candidate's ability to accept and fulfill increasing responsibilities than to the length of the experience.)
- Equivalent to graduation from college. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
Covered California provides incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://hbex.coveredca.com/jobs/benefits/
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range.
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. Effective July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month.
Application Deadline: Monday, 10/5/2020 @ 11:59pm PDT
If you have any questions regarding the application process and/or are interested in learning more about this position, please contact us at Careers@covered.ca.gov.