Join the Covered California team!
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset. Our employees are the vital link that ensures that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We have a variety of career fields that help make a difference in the lives of Californians, and we’re looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our team!
Are you an innovative manager with Fi$Cal experience and strong project management skills? Do you enjoy leading a team to develop and execute innovative solutions regarding procurement and contracts?
Covered California is looking for a Procurement Officer to join the Business Services Branch. The Procurement Officer will manage professional and clerical staff performing procurement and contracting job functions across all Covered California Programs. Duties include developing, modifying, and implementing Covered California policy regarding procurement and contracting activities, overseeing all business-related operations for the Contracts and Purchasing Units and any ongoing Fi$Cal system project management, and mentoring and training staff to ensure a positive working environment and high productivity. This Procurement Officer is also responsible for collaborating with Executive and Senior Leadership throughout the organization on identifying needs and preparing recommendations for various procurement and contracting activities and needs.
The classification for this role is a Staff Services Manager II (SSM II).
- Strong process improvement skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with contracting and purchasing
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and applying various laws, policies, and processes
- Ability to develop and execute innovative solutions
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong decision-making skills
- Effectively resolves complex operational issues
- Ability to research, identify, and synthesize complex information
- Experience with strategic management and implementing action items to ensure that goals are achieved
EITHER - PATTERN 1
- One year of experience in the California state service performing the duties of a Staff Services Manager I
OR - PATTERN 2
- One year of experience in the California state service performing analytical staff duties of a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of Associate Governmental Program Analyst
- Current employment in a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of Staff Services Manager I.
OR - PATTERN 3
- Two years of experience in the California state service performing analytical staff duties of a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of Associate Governmental Program Analyst.
OR - PATTERN 4
- Experience: Four years of increasingly responsible management, personnel, fiscal, planning, program evaluation, or related analytical experience which shall have included the preparation of reports and the presentation of recommendations to management beyond the trainee level, at least one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity. (Experience in the California state service applied toward this requirement must include one year performing the duties of a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of Staff Services Manager I.)
- Equivalent to graduation from college. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
Covered California provides incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://hbex.coveredca.com/jobs/benefits/
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range.
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. Effective July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month.
Application Deadline: Friday 10/9/2020 @ 11:59pm PDT
If you have any questions regarding the application process and/or are interested in learning more about this position, please contact us at Careers@covered.ca.gov.