In 1910 a cooperative of 230 California almond growers formed with the following core values:
- To build strong relationships among growers and with their customers;
- To communicate directly and honestly; and
- To work as a team to realize the best return on their investment.
More than a century later, Blue Diamond Growers still adheres to these values at every level of our operation. Our employees are strongly committed to the brand and to each other – the word “family” is often used to describe our culture.
Today, Blue Diamond Growers represents more than 3,000 almond growers in California – the state that provides over 80% of the world’s almond supply. We are one of the most recognized food brands in the world, with annual sales exceeding $1 billion.
We believe in transparency and honest communication. And our work style is still team-based, working together to innovate, process, and distribute the best almond products to the world.
After more than 100 years, our core values of integrity, partnership, innovation and quality remain strong. Our commitment to excellence has driven Blue Diamond’s unprecedented growth, innovation, high quality, and value.
You’ll find these values at work throughout our company. We strive for a diverse workforce, always aiming for greater levels of inclusion. In addition to a robust benefits package, we offer an employee wellness and fitness program, in which a majority of our workforce currently participates.
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Position Title : Inventory Specialist B
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type (Full time/Part Time): Full Time
Responsible for generating SAP inventory tags for production in assigned areas. This position is responsible for recognizing/correcting routine inventory and material problems.
- Follows procedural guidelines to generate SAP inventory pallet tags for one of several production areas.
- Required use of SAP to monitor accuracy, incoming & outgoing product movement, abn to generate reports. Assists various departments with the reconciling of inventory data.
- Recognizes and corrects routine inventory problems with a high degree of independence.
- Ensures that the required samples are collected, tagged and documented as required by the product specification and QC procedures.
- Must understand and adhere to Blue Diamond HACCP process and auditing, GMP’s and safety practices. May be required to drive fork lift/ transporter.
- Required to inform supervisor of any deleted inventory tags.
- Required to cross train other employees as needed.
- Required to perform other duties & responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Required to recognize and properly tag various by-products.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Basic math skills and proficiency with computer systems (Microsoft Word & Excel).
- 2-3 years related production experience.
- Must have basic understanding of inventory procedures. Position requires the ability to define problems and apply predetermined solutions that have been defined by BDG procedures.
- Works under general supervision. Work consists of routine tasks requiring some simple decision-making. May direct small groups of employees to perform routine tasks.
- Requires the ability to identify problems and assist in problem solving. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations, shipping instructions, quality control sheets, sample requisitions and schedules.
- Overtime as necessary is a requirement to the performance of this position. Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Works in a variety of environments and may be exposed to heat, cold, high humidity, dust and noise. Will be required to work around machinery and moving vehicles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Blue Diamond promotes a safe and healthy work environment, and in doing so, we will perform background and drug tests for each candidate who accepts a position with our team.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer