Data Conversion Software Engineer
Analyzes and understands the data conversion requirements and timelines for a project. Acquire knowledge about company’s biometric products, various matching algorithms and makes recommendations based on project requirements. Estimates the hardware requirements for the conversion hardware to process the # of records within the project timelines. Installs, configures and optimizes the data conversion environments.
Plan, design and execute of data conversion for biometric projects.
Set up the conversion environment, deploy necessary software to execute data conversion.
Configure the system to requirements and optimize the performance for best throughput.
Collect and analyze sample data and then process to ensure that all data categories are processed correctly.
Execute, monitor and report the progress of data conversion activities.
Work/collaborate with other teams like Development, QA and System Engineering to understand and implement the latest Hardware/Software changes for each project like cloud vs on-prem, various DBs like MS-SQL Server, MySQL etc. and latest extraction algorithms and templates.
Troubleshoot data conversion issues and exceptions related to various data elements, image types, algorithms.
* MUST BE COMMITTED LONG-TERM!!!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Five years of experience in System Configuration, software deployment.
• Good knowledge of writing moderate SQL queries to report status and validate data integrity
• Experience with Linux deployments, configuration, testing, automation & DeVops
• Experience working with MNS-SQL and MySQL database.
• Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace