Tension Envelope Corporation
POSITION LOCATION - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Apply at www.tensioncorp.com, click on the “Careers”, “Apply to Tension”, "California"
The Account Executive sells products for Tension Envelope Corporation to business and industrial
establishments or individuals at sales office, store, showroom, or customer's place of business by
performing the following duties.
Tension has grown to become the second largest domestic envelope manufacturer. Known for its
innovative envelope solutions, services and environmentally responsible options, it has been
awarded more patents on products and processes than all the other envelope manufacturers combined.
Tension makes many of the envelopes you receive and handle daily, including direct mail envelopes,
financial transaction envelopes, and packaging envelopes and business communication products. As
the needs of the market change, so does Tension. Our offerings extend beyond the envelope to
include print marketing collateral, print-on-demand products, direct mail inserts and other
complementary products. Working with customers to deliver quality products, as well as to improve
existing products and processes, is core to Tension's culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains territory and accounts that are specifically identified through assignment by the
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from
Linkedln, newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on current and prospective customers to maintain
or develop new business
• Consultative selling by fully understanding the customer's needs, creating standard or custom.
printed solutions that correlate with Tension's sales methodology.
• Accountable for territory management and exceeding sales and profit objectives
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of Tension's production and delivery
• Stay abreast of all current & emerging company capabilities, custom manufacturing and vertical
industry trends as they relate to building new client relationships and acquiring incremental
• Prepares reports of business transactions and maintains complete records in an approved form to
include, customer mailing list, customer account file/prospect file, customer list and call
records, order records, quotation records.
• Cooperates accurately and promptly with company procedures which include order entry,
maintaining mail list, expense account, correspondence with customers, delivery scheduling.
• Work in conjunction with Sr. Regional Manager, General Manager, VP of Sales and Customer
Service to create a dynamic team to sell and service clients to exceed 100% customer satisfaction.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Possess excellent oral and written communication and
organizational skills, Strong skills and strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
required. Must have a high degree of self-motivation and ambition and the capability to grow in a
competitive environment; Exhibits positive and professional behavior with both internal and
external customers and exhibits leadership qualities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree with 4 + years of sales experience with a proven track record of superior
performance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Tension Envelope not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.