Join the Covered California team!
Do you have experience developing and implementing quality control measures? Are you passionate about leading challenging projects that make a difference? If you are a self-starter with strong leadership and communication skills, apply today through CalCareers!
Covered California is looking for an Eligibility Communications Senior Manager to join our Policy, Eligibility, and Research Division. The Eligibility Communications Senior Manager serves as the primary liaison for our consumer advocates and partners to help improve our consumer communications. This role is also responsible for overseeing staff who develop and implement consumer notices in the California Healthcare, Eligibility, and Enrollment Retention System (CalHEERS).
The State classification for this position is Staff Services Manager II (SSM II).
Application Deadline: 4/13/2021 @ 11:59 pm PST
- Planning, managing, organizing, and directing the overall activities of the Eligibility Communication Unit (ECU)
- Formulating and implementing Covered California's eligibility communication policies and programs in accordance with state and federal policies and regulations
- Providing direction, support, and guidance to the team on the development of consumer communication content
- Working directly with internal divisions, external vendors, and other state agencies to regularly collect feedback, correct pain points, and incorporate business feedback into future initiatives
- Working with the ECU SSM I to assign work and priorities, monitor progress, and meet regularly with staff to discuss performance, individual developmental needs, and career aspirations
- Experience developing and/or implementing quality control measures
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Collaboration and team-building skills
- Flexible and adaptable with changing priorities
EITHER - PATTERN 1
- 1 year of experience in the California state service performing the duties of a Staff Services Manager I (SSM I)
OR - PATTERN 2
- Current employment in a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of SSM I and at least 1 year of experience in state service performing analytical staff duties of a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of Associate Governmental Program Analyst (AGPA)
OR - PATTERN 3
- 2 years of experience in the California state service performing the analytical duties of a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of AGPA
OR - PATTERN 4
- Experience: 4 years of increasingly responsible management, personnel, fiscal, planning, program evaluation, or related analytical experience which shall have included the preparation of reports and the presentation of recommendations to management beyond the trainee level, at least one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from college (additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis)
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset that helps ensure that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We provide incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement, and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://hbex.coveredca.com/careers/benefits/
- Please send any questions regarding the application process and/or position to Careers@covered.ca.gov
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic; through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month