Join Covered California's Office of Legal Affairs team!
Covered California is searching for a Regulations Analyst to join our Office of Legal Affairs (OLA). We are looking for an efficient, resourceful, and detail-oriented team player who thrives on the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing policy to improve the future of health care throughout California!
This position will be responsible for the ongoing coordination, oversight, and development of Covered California regulatory packages, ensuring compliance with the California Administrative Procedures Act (APA). Additionally, this position will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and developing timely responses for emerging federal policy and rulemaking activities that impact Covered California.
The classification title for this role is Associate Governmental Program Analyst (AGPA).
Application Deadline: 4/13/2021 @ 11:59 pm PST
- Working with program staff to perform extensive research and analysis of federal regulatory actions and advise the Regulatory Compliance Manager on the impact or potential impact to Covered California
- Drafting comment letters, with input from program staff, in response to proposed federal regulatory actions for review by Executive staff
- Serving as the project lead over the ongoing coordination, oversight, and development of Covered California regulatory packages, ensuring compliance with the California Administrative Procedures Act (APA)
- Communicating with stakeholders regarding potential regulatory pathways, clarification, and follow-up of submissions under review
- Coordinating all required postings and notifications to interested stakeholders and advocating on proposed regulations
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and good judgment in decision-making, exercise creativity and flexibility in problem identification and resolution
- Strong legal research skills, including thorough knowledge of state and federal rulemaking processes
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated experience analyzing statutory and regulatory authority and preparing analyses of regulations
EITHER - PATTERN 1
- One year of experience performing the duties of a Staff Services Analyst, Range C.
OR - PATTERN 2
- Experience: Three years of professional analytical experience performing duties in one or a combination of the following or closely related areas: budgeting, management analysis, personnel, planning, program evaluation, or policy analysis AND;
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from college. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset that helps ensure that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We provide incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement, and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://hbex.coveredca.com/careers/benefits/
- Please send any questions regarding the application process and/or position to Careers@covered.ca.gov
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic; through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month