Be a part of something big! Covered California is continuing to grow and to set the bar for other state-based exchanges across the nation. This is the work of all of the great employees here at Covered California, but particularly that of our exceptional leadership team!
We are seeking two accomplished Executive Talent Acquisition Specialists who will be responsible for managing and executing executive-level (Deputy Director and above) searches. In this role you will also have creative autonomy and play a foundational role in building key programs for the Executive Recruitment Unit, including executive succession planning, performance evaluations, on-boarding and off-boarding. These two new positions are critical roles for the organization and will have a high level of exposure with Covered California’s executive leadership team.
We work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment to deliver an exceptional customer experience each and every time for our executive leadership team. We have established a strong reputation as the Executive Recruitment Unit, which comes with high expectations. If this intrigues you and you are looking to join a culture of innovation, diversity, and flexibility, where you will be challenged and developed – this IS it!
The classification for this role is a Staff Services Manager I (Specialist).
Application Deadline: 4/19/2021 @ 11:59 pm PST
- High attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience creating and executing successful sourcing and recruitment strategies across a variety of disciplines.
- Experience advising and consulting executive-level leadership.
- High degree of professionalism and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to act independently with open-mindedness, flexibility, and tact.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, build relationships, negotiate, and present ideas.
- Ability to comprehend and understand operational concepts to strategize, develop, write proposals, and translate complex technical information into simpler terms.
- Experience in private sector corporate recruiting and/or executive search OR experience in public sector recruiting and/or classification and pay is highly desirable.
Minimum Qualifications for a SSM I:
EITHER - PATTERN 1
- 1 year experience in the California state service performing analytical staff duties of a class with a level of responsibility not less than that of Associate Governmental Program Analyst.
OR - PATTERN 2
- Experience: 3 years of increasingly responsible management, personnel, fiscal, planning, program evaluation, or related analytical experience beyond the trainee level which shall have included the preparation of reports and the presentation of recommendations to management, at least one year of which must have been in a full journey person technical capacity. AND
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from college. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.)
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset that helps ensure that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We provide incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement, and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://hbex.coveredca.com/careers/benefits/
- Please send any questions regarding the application process and/or position to Careers@covered.ca.gov
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic; through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month