SALARY: $16.60 - $21.76 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Paratransit Operations (SacRT GO)
OPENING DATE: 03/01/21
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Internal/External
DMV PRINTOUT IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION
Only DMV printouts issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles are acceptable. As a result of the current COVID-19 State of Emergency, SacRT will accept online DMV printouts until further notice.
Responsible for the direct day-to-day communications and interactions with Paratransit Operators and clients. Coordinates and directs the movement of vehicles for Paratransit services. Tracks and reports sign-in and sign-out times, assures routes are timely, and communicates Paratransit service issues to management as appropriate. Work require incumbent(s) to exercise good judgement, make decisions within the limits of established policies, procedures and guidelines and provide excellent customer service.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
This is a general listing of job functions and does not represent a complete listing of the positions responsibilities.
• Takes Paratransit client calls and communicates issues with Paratransit Operators and management or Dispatch.
• Monitors radio, telephones and on-road provision of service to ensure quality.
• Monitors and completes Paratransit Operator sign-in and sign-out daily.
• Monitor service to ensure it meets the parameters set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• May dispatch Paratransit Operators to ensure adequate disbursement of trips between all assigned routes.
• Monitors daily system performance.
• Analyze and adjust computer dispatch schedules for conditions affecting passenger service.
• Maintain two-way communication with operators, providing information on customers, cancellations, and directional assistance where necessary.
• Provide appropriate troubleshooting information to field personnel so that service to the public is maintained with a minimum of delay and inconvenience.
• Participates in analysis and review of Paratransit operating performance.
• Notes closed and/or late starting of routes and communicates same to management and/or Superintendent as appropriate.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Two (2) years of customer service experience required. One (1) year previous Paratransit Dispatcher experience preferred.
Required Licenses and/or Certificates:
Must possess a valid Driver's License at the time of application and have a satisfactory driving record as defined by SacRT.
Candidates must submit a DMV printout at time of application, dated no more than ten (10) days prior to the date you submit your application, in order to be considered. Only DMV printouts issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles are acceptable. As a result of the current COVID-19 State of Emergency, SacRT will accept online DMV printouts until further notice.
FILING INSTRUCTIONS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application and DMV printout, as outlined above, is required for this position. Applications, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available through our website at www.sacrt.com.
Completed employment application and DMV printout, as outlined above, must be submitted online. RT will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, a summary sheet is available from the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
RT is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
This position falls under the Amalgamated Transit Union.