Join the Covered California team!
Covered California's Employment and Classification Services Unit is adding a Human Resources Consultant to their team!
Do you enjoy collaborating with hiring managers of all levels on the entire hiring process? Are you energized by influencing others and aligning Human Resources programs and policies with business goals? If you are passionate about providing excellent customer service to partners throughout an organization, this is the position for you!
The classification for this role is an Associate Governmental Program Analyst (AGPA) or a Staff Services Analyst (SSA).
Application Deadline: 4/12/2021 @ 11:59 pm PST
- Consulting with supervisors and managers of Covered California for matters including but not limited to the State's classification plan, compensation, certification, hiring, position allocation, recruitment, and selection.
- Analyzing personnel management concerns and facilitates an appropriate course of action while maintaining proper interpretation, application and compliance with laws, rules, regulations, best practices and civil service merit principles.
- Identifying personnel management concerns.
- Communicating with stakeholders on personnel matters as they arise or to provide status updates timely.
- Facilitating hiring process progress consistent with established time frames and goals.
- Recruiting for assigned Covered California divisional vacancies and monitoring recruitment and final filing date to ensure hiring managers are provided an adequate candidate pool.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Experience working in human resources, recruiting, or experience hiring staff
- Experience writing professional documents such as memorandums, research papers, reports, proposals, etc.
- Experience guiding and advising higher-level staff, and confidence in consulting and communicating with various levels of diverse stakeholders
- Willingness to shift priorities to meet deadlines
Minimum Qualifications for an AGPA:
The following education is required when general experience is used to qualify at any level: equivalent to graduation from college. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.) AND
EITHER - PATTERN 1
- Experience: 1 year of experience performing the duties of a Staff Services Analyst, Range C. or
OR - PATTERN 2
- Experience: Three years of professional analytical experience performing duties in one or a combination of the following or closely related areas: budgeting, management analysis, personnel, planning, program evaluation, or policy analysis.
Minimum Qualifications for an SSA:
EITHER - PATTERN 1
- Education: Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from a recognized four-year accredited college or university. (Registration as a senior in a recognized institution will admit applicants to the examination, but they must produce evidence of graduation or its equivalent before they can be considered eligible for appointment.)
OR - PATTERN 2
- Work experience in the California state service may be substituted for the required education in Pattern I on a year-for-year basis by applicants who have at least six semester or nine quarter units of college level training in public or business administration, accounting, economics, political or social science, English, speech, statistics, law, or a closely related area.
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset that helps ensure that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We provide incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement, and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://hbex.coveredca.com/careers/benefits/
- Please send any questions regarding the application process and/or position to Careers@covered.ca.gov
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic; through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month