Jun 04, 2019
1. Drives the Office of the EVP/SVP by managing an extremely active calendar of appointments and prioritizing accordingly; provides the EVP/SVP with background information, meeting summaries, and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings, and speaking engagements.
2. Coordinates conference scheduling and registration of travel arrangements for the EVP/SVP. Prepares complex and detailed travel arrangements and itineraries in an organized and useful manner. Prepares the EVP/SVP for meetings and travel by providing necessary information and reports for engagement.
3. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
4. Greets and screens visitors in a friendly and helpful manner. Tactfully handles inquiries/concerns, including those seen as confidential or sensitive in nature. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the EVP/SVP's office and internal departments.
5. Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the EVP/SVP. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response. Interacts with all levels of management and staff on issues or concerns, and make decisions as necessary. Exercises tact, judgment, initiative, and knowledge of EVP/SVP's functional areas to determine those that can be handled by subordinates, staff, and other offices.
6. Composes executive-level communications for signature by or on behalf of the EVP/SVP. Creates, develops, modifies, and analyzes reports using business best practices. Distributes reports timely and accurately. Consolidates large amounts of data and information into an easy-to-read format.
7. Maintains a thorough understanding of Corporate policies.
8. Maintains a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
9. Attends management meetings as requested. Records and prepares minutes in conformity with best practices. Prepares summaries for follow up and then follows through to completion.
10. Provides support and backup to Executive Assistants within Administration, as needed.
11. Completes EVP/SVP expense reports.
12. Identifies issues before they become problematic and offers innovative solutions that are in compliance with policies.
13. Performs other assignments as required.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management.
2. EXTERNAL: Members, regulators, credit union industry associations, community and strategic partners, travel agency personnel, and other individuals and groups contacting management.
1. EDUCATION: Minimum of AA degree in business related courses preferred.
2. EXPERIENCE: Five plus years of solid experience in Executive Assistant work required. Three plus years of progressively responsible work experience working for senior management positions.
3. SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
Superb professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
Proactive mentality with excellent problem solving and judgment skills in a fast paced setting and with a strong work ethic. Anticipate assistance by identifying issues, needs, options, and solutions before being asked.
Knowledge of the Credit Union and its goals and awareness of business initiatives and priorities
Quick learner, responsive, ability to multi-task, and strong time and calendar management and organizational skills.
Strong project management skills to track multiple concurrent projects and follow-through with senior management as required keeping deliverables and deadlines on track to successful completion.
Independent worker with ability to be flexible and work in a team environment.
Demonstrated advanced proficiency with Microsoft Windows Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Survey tools, and other standard office equipment (telephone, facsimile, copier, etc.).
Strong verbal and written communication skills with astute attention to grammatical details.
Strong interpersonal skills, friendly, and adaptable.
Demonstrates exceptional service, professionalism, and confidentiality in all interactions and communications.
4. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
Corrected vision and hearing within the normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
Occasional lifting, bending, and stooping throughout the workday, weighing up to fifteen pounds.
Limited local and statewide travel by car or public conveyance.
Unusually long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks.
Golden 1 Credit Union
Sacramento, CA, USA