Self Storage Maintenance Person needed ASAP!
compensation: $13-15 per hour, employer paid medical benefits, paid vacation and sick leave.
(this position requires working at 5 different sites in the Sacramento area, all very close together. Candidate must have a current and valid Drivers License and their own mode of transportation/insurance. Trojan Storage will reimburse for mileage driven)
Please note: we conduct background checks on each employee before hire.
MUST BE OF GOOD CHARACTER
Performs various maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the facilities.
Handles service requests for repairs and improvements of vacant units. The position will also require individuals to cover the office on a relief basis, applicants will need phone, computer and sales skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares all vacant units to a market-ready condition.
2. Performs various maintenance functions and records findings in maintenance log. These functions may include, but are not limited to:
Light bulb changes
Minor HVAC maintenance
3. Responds to tenant service requests and concerns in a timely manner.
4. Performs on-call emergency service as required.
5. Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on rentals, vacant storage & industrial units, and/or common areas to the site Manager.
6. May assist in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies.
7. Moves heavy objects as requested.
8. Assists the Property Manager on special maintenance projects.
9. Assists in keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
10. Provides back up in the office including; answering phones, taking payments, assisting customers in unit rentals and inputting data into the computers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Attends and participates in training seminars as requested.
2. Assists other staff members as needed.
3. Drives motorized vehicle on or off property for company business.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Trade school and/or military training a plus.
Some hands-on general maintenance experience (i.e., plumbing, electrical, carpeting, painting, etc.) experience is preferred.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs with no assistance.